User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing wrong with that except with my rig a gallon won't get me but about 8-miles closer to a station with the trailer and 16 closer or so without the trailer...I think I would carry five in an approved container. Actually I alleviated my uneasiness by getting a 2021 Tundra with a 38-gallon tank.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carry 5 gal. 1 is not enough.

5 gal is a secured container is not more dangerous than 20 in a tank.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our coach has 60 gallons of gasoline storage, so no on carrying gasoline. However, I am going to start carrying a 5 gallon jerry can full of diesel. Our maximum range while towing is pathetic (around 240 miles) with the truck's 32 gallon tank. That extra 5 gallons will give me some peace of mind while hunting for the cheapest fuel I can find in the route.
    Chuck & Madelyn
    2021 M399th
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie 4x4 MC DRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I usually take at least one 5 gallon secured can of diesel in my truck bed if on a long trip. This is especially true if traveling out west where stations are far apart. With only a 30 gallon tank and 9- 10 mpg, this is reassuring. My wife was driving once and didn't watch the fuel gauge. We ran out of fuel about 40 miles from no where when the electronic display said we had 25 miles until empty. The end result was a $250 towing bill and $200 bill at the dealership for purging air from system and new filters. My wife no longer desires to drive and I don't disagree.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123