Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Questions on New Tow Veh. & Hitch?

Hi Everyone! Mike and I, (Darlene) need some input.
    We just bought a new 2015 Ford F350 DRW (8' bed)(see pic) to pull our 305RE Solitude. When we went to see someone about transferring our SuperGlide 18K 5th wheel hitch, we discovered that it wouldn't really fit our new truck because of the camper tow package that came with the new truck. (Sigh) The expense of modifications & parts needed to make the SuperGlide fit and to transfer the Firestone Air Bags was more than we were willing to pay. So we checked into the price of a Reese hitch that the new truck is already pre-fitted for with a rail system under the truck bed... that seemed the way to go, and our Ford Dealer gave us a pretty good price...
    But now we have to sell the current F250 (6.8' bed)(see pic) and SuperGlide Hitch...

Questions: 1 - Does anyone have a Reese Hitch? How do you like it? Looking forward to your responses...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trk camping.jpg   2015 F350.jpg  
    Mike & Darlene Brownstown, MI
    2014 305RL Solitude #1170
    2015 F350 6.7L Diesel Dually Ultimate Lariat FX4

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The hitch going in to your truck is similar to what my cousin used on his, a puck type system. We had to put under frame mounts on his truck, but works essentially the same. He LOVES it. When you take out the hitch, there are no rails left behind, nothing in the way, and can slide stuff in and out of the bend with out issues. Hope this helps.

thompsjk
    I have the Ford/Reese Elite in my new truck but liked the B&W in my last truck better. They make one that will fit your truck and it is cheaper than the Reese.

http://www.turnoverball.com/products...rd-puck-system

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank You offtohavasu and thompshk (Jeff) for the info and the Great Link! This whole situation with our SuperGlide not fitting our new truck (w/o modifications) was upsetting as the SuperGlide is only a year old and used maybe 5 times! But we can always trust our Grand Design Forum friends to give us great info!

Mike & Darlene
    Mike & Darlene Brownstown, MI
    2014 305RL Solitude #1170
    2015 F350 6.7L Diesel Dually Ultimate Lariat FX4

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2015 F350 SRW 8' Box and worked out a good price from the dealer on the Reese Elite. I have a friend who put one in his GMC 2500HD and loves it.

However, after researching FW hitches further we opted for the Andersen Aluminum 5th Wheel hitch. It weighs in at 35 lbs and uses the gooseneck ball in my F350. The hitch is certified as a 5th wheel hitch and is completely silent when unloaded or loaded. It's rated for a 4500 lb pin weight and 24,500 FW weight.

Good luck on your decision!

Cheers,
    Lyle
    Barb, Lyle and the 3 four-legged kids
    2015 Solitude 369RL #3521
    2018 Ford F350 DRW

“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a Reese R20, I think next time I buy the Andersen aluminum...The Reese latching mechanism broke the first time we used it...Very cheap plastic piece used to latch the arm...

Regards,

AJ

2015 FORD F450 Lariat Ultimate
    2012 HD RoadGlide Ultra
    2015 GD Momentum 350M