Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Member Intro.

Just picked up a new Reflection 337RLS. New to the fifth wheel world coming from TT for the last 25 years or so. Any advise is welcome I. Regard to towing and accessories we will need going into a fifth wheel.

Thanks
    Dutchman2

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum.

Look up! Clearances are more important compared to a TT.

Practice backing up, 5th wheels respond much differently than a bumper pull trailer, the response to steering wheel input is a little slower.

Make wider turns, the trailer wheels will not follow the truck wheel path like a bumper pull trailer. The 5th wheel trailer wheels will be more inside the path of the truck wheels.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome, enjoy the new rig.
    2021 351MR
    2017 Jayco 377rlbh (sold)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just finished with our first shake down trip. FT4NO I agree with all your insights. They were spot on. I will say that we were surprised by the jerky motion between the truck and trailer. Chucking - I see noted in a few threads. We have the companion hitch - no slider. I plan to move the hitch 2” in front of the rear axel. It is directly over it now. Seems a few threads indicate this should help. Truck is a GMC 2500HD CC std bed. No issues when over the axel with turning radius before cab contact. I’m sure the 2” forward will need reviewed. Trailer is level with 6.5” clearance bed to trailer clearance. Any other ideas to reduce the jerking motion is appreciated. Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome!! Good luck with the new 5th wheel!!
    Rick & Judy
    2020 Ford F150 SuperCrew
    2021.5 Imagine XLS 23BHE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. Very impressed with the 337RLS at this point. It checked all the box’s we were looking for. Just need to find some local camping areas that are not already booked solid for the summer. Seems crazy making reservations 3-6 months in advance. Just booked a spot out in October. Lucky to get that spot.