User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My FW tank is only 25 gallons. Luckily we don’t go more than two days without access to additional water. I’ve thought about adding a second FW tank (appears possible in my case), but I’ll probably just carry a bit extra in the back of the truck if we decide to go longer
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They do make water bladders for trucks.
    When going into town you can fill up and then transfer to your tank.
    In a pinch you can use an inflatable mattress, wouldn't recommend but, it has been done. (A friend told me so)

https://www.amazon.com/Bag-Gallon-Po...97107712&psc=1
    Last edited by RoJoSo; 03-30-2021 at 07:54 PM. Reason: add link
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS 5th Wheel
    2013 Ford F250 Super Duty, King Ranch, 6.7 Diesel, HD Tow Package
    B&W Companion Slider RVK3405
    Timbren Rear Suspension Enhancement System R250SDG
    Titan 50 Gallon Fuel Tank

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is room under the coroplast in front of the galley tank, but it would be a feat of engineering to mount it somehow, plus it would add a lot of weight to the axles. There’s no way to expand the tank where it sits right between the grey and galley tanks. With that much truck, your better off with a tank in the bed to transfer.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure you have thought of this but once all this "extra" water is used is has to be stored somewhere. The brochure says it has a 82 gal grey water but on our 2400 it's divided between 2 tanks. One tank is for the kitchen sink only and the other is for the bathroom shower & sink which is where most of our water goes when camping. Its the same inconvenience to pack everything up to go dump :-( . Let us know if you found a good solution :-)
    2020 GMC Sierra 2500 AT4 6.6L Gasser
    2020 Imagine 2400BH

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tgunter5 View Post
    I'm sure you have thought of this but once all this "extra" water is used is has to be stored somewhere. The brochure says it has a 82 gal grey water but on our 2400 it's divided between 2 tanks. One tank is for the kitchen sink only and the other is for the bathroom shower & sink which is where most of our water goes when camping. Its the same inconvenience to pack everything up to go dump :-( . Let us know if you found a good solution :-)
    You can equalize the water between the grey water tanks if you have a Valterra twist on our other “final dump valve” installed.

Otherwise, it’s generally ok to dump the bathroom’s grey water tank on the ground when camping in the boondocks. It’s not that much different than washing your hands and feet using the outside spray connection. It’s mostly just water, soap, dirt, and a few skin cells.

2020 2600RB,
    2017 Silverado Crew Cab 1500, 6.2L

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've read about equalizing the tanks using the Valterra valve but never tried it myself. In theory it seems like a sound solution. As far as dumping grey water, I believe that's a big no no. I agree it doesn't seem like soap, dirt, and maybe some food particles from washing dishes wouldn't harm anything but I believe its the quantity of all that water disturbing the natural habitat. Curious what others think about this???
    2020 GMC Sierra 2500 AT4 6.6L Gasser
    2020 Imagine 2400BH

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tgunter5 View Post
    . . . I believe its the quantity of all that water disturbing the natural habitat. Curious what others think about this???
    What? No more opinions?
    Is this thing working?

2020 2600RB,
    2017 Silverado Crew Cab 1500, 6.2L

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You bought the camper knowing it’s limitations....actually your greywater is the big limiter.
    Concentrating 8lbs per gallon will / May. Change the dynamics of you living space, plus’s you have to support that weight .

Why not just trade it in than Rube Goldberg it to increase the capacity 30 gallons more ( that’s all you have left in greywater capacity) . How many people are using your camper?

Our camper is similar with just a few more grey water capacity. We spend a lot of time off grid and find its capacity lasts us a week easily without any discomfort more if we are cautious.

It’s funny we have similar capacities on our sailboat , though not necessary to have a grey water tank. We hate carrying more than 40 gallons of water so we got a 12v water maker which keeps us filled. But of course the boat has water to desalinate into potable water which the camper won’t unless you are near a water source like a lake/ river/ etc.
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a thought for discussion here: How about piping the two gray tank drains together and use one of the gray tanks for water storage? If the gray tank gets full, you can irrigate the plants around your trailer. May need some sanitation or maybe use it just for the toilet and shower.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by harryc View Post
    Just a thought for discussion here: How about piping the two gray tank drains together and use one of the gray tanks for water storage? If the gray tank gets full, you can irrigate the plants around your trailer. May need some sanitation or maybe use it just for the toilet and shower.
    None of the waste water tanks or piping materials are approved for freshwater use.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast