User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2020/2021 Solitude 310GK Floor Questions

We have a 2019 310GK which came with carpeting in the dinette/lounge chair slide. After 2 years of full time living it has become time to replace the carpet and have thought about replacing it with vinyl, but questioned whether it was possible because of the flexibility needed when opening/closing the slide - until I recently had a chance to see the interior of a 2020 310GK and noticed GD is now installing vinyl on the slide floor. So my first question and concern is with the carpet in our 2019 when we close the slide the carpet bunches up a bit at the island, which being carpet is not an issue, so I am wondering if the same is true for the vinyl?

Secondly, for those with a 2020/21 Solitude 310GK have there been any issues with the vinyl flooring when opening and/or closing the slide. Any other considerations appreciated.

FYI I have been in touch with a dealer who GD indicated to me can accept and ship orders for parts and in the process of getting a quote.
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BB&LAB View Post
    Secondly, for those with a 2020/21 Solitude 310GK have there been any issues with the vinyl flooring when opening and/or closing the slide.
    No problems with the vinyl in our 2020. We like it much better than carpet. Easier to keep clean.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2019 310GK which came with carpeting in the dinette/lounge chair slide. After 2 years of full time living it has become time to replace the carpet and have thought about replacing it with vinyl, but questioned whether it was possible because of the flexibility needed when opening/closing the slide - until I recently had a chance to see the interior of a 2020 310GK and noticed GD is now installing vinyl on the slide floor.
    We have carpet in our 2018 310GK and I have no experience with the vinyl. I'm writing to pass along a comment made by the Solitude product manager in a video (maybe the one introducing the 390RK). I think I remember him saying that it took GD a long time to figure out how to do the vinyl in the slide, which suggests to me that they didn't just slap it into a formerly-carpeted slide box. Just guessing, but they may have had to change the dimensions of the box and/or the deflection of the box as it moves in and out, in order to get the vinyl edge in the box to settle nicely near the vinyl edge of the cabin floor.

So my very non-expert guess is that replacing the carpet with vinyl wouldn't be a simple plug-and-play operation. Maybe someone who has done it will show up to call me out.

Good luck.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    No problems with the vinyl in our 2020. We like it much better than carpet. Easier to keep clean.
    When you close your slide, does the vinyl contact the island in anyway? With our 310GK with carpet, when we close the slide the carpet bends or bunches up against the Island. So I am trying to determine if the 2020/21 310GK's are constructed or assembled differently from our 2019 to accommodate the vinyl flooring in anyway. Alternatively curious to know if the vinyl flooring GD installs is flexible enough to allow it to bend or roll up to the island.
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No issues with vinyl binding, 2021 310GK
    2021 310GK-R - MorRyde suspension and pin box. Sumo Springs. Solar, 7k axles.
    2019 Lance 1062 Truck Camper, 2 slides.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel, 10 speed auto, 3.55 diff-48 gallon fuel capacity
    2000 F350 XLT HD SRW 2WD 7.3L diesel, 6-speed manual trans, 3.73 diff - Firestone Airbags-Bilstein Shocks. 82 gallon fuel capacity

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you close your slide, does the vinyl contact the island in anyway?... Alternatively curious to know if the vinyl flooring GD installs is flexible enough to allow it to bend or roll up to the island.
    Yes and yes.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2019 310GK which came with carpeting in the dinette/lounge chair slide. After 2 years of full time living it has become time to replace the carpet and have thought about replacing it with vinyl, but questioned whether it was possible because of the flexibility needed when opening/closing the slide - until I recently had a chance to see the interior of a 2020 310GK and noticed GD is now installing vinyl on the slide floor. So my first question and concern is with the carpet in our 2019 when we close the slide the carpet bunches up a bit at the island, which being carpet is not an issue, so I am wondering if the same is true for the vinyl?

Secondly, for those with a 2020/21 Solitude 310GK have there been any issues with the vinyl flooring when opening and/or closing the slide. Any other considerations appreciated.

FYI I have been in touch with a dealer who GD indicated to me can accept and ship orders for parts and in the process of getting a quote.
    We have the 2020 Solitude 372WB with the vinyl in slide. The vinyl overlaps the main flooring about 3 1/2 inches when the slide is open and does not hit the center island when closed. There is more than enough overlap so if needed to shorten it it could easily be done. Also, the the end of the vinyl is folded under about an inch and glued to make a double layer and to create a smooth sliding surface and finished appearance. Personally I don't think it would be that difficult to install, just take good measurements.
    2020 Solitude 372WB
    2017 F350 Superduty 4x4, Heavy Duty Tow Package
    2900 Superglide Hitch, MORryde Rubber Pinbox
    Zinny, Golden Retriever (rescue)
    Belle, Golden Retriever (rescue)

"Life With a Dog is a Gift"

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2021 310GK and the vinyl is easier to clean up. And, do not have any issue with the vinyl contacting the island.
    My suggestion is, if you're interested in the vinyl and can get it do it.