User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pengle View Post
    I'm a tech guy, so I feel silly for not figuring the cable/antenna/aux/sat system out on this trailer. But to get cable channels...I connect the outside cable to the SAT/LIVING ROOM connection in the wet bay area and then unscrew the coax connection above the TV from the "TV" connector to the "AUX/SAT" connector. I then use the TV to scan for channels on the Cable. It works, but @boyscout has me wondering if that red button really WOULD allow the TV to know I was connected to cable.
    It should not be necessary to swap coaxial connections at the switchplate. That's the purpose of the switch - to switch the input source on the cable connected to the TV.

Quote Originally Posted by pengle View Post
    A really simple solution is to connect a long piece of cable to the AUX connector and walk it back to the wet bay and see that there is continuity to the AUX connector in the wet bay and if the TV connector really does connect to the CABLE connection in the wet bay. I'll get to that tomorrow. (Sure you will...)
    Even easier is to use the tool I linked in post #10 above. No need for a spare 40' of coax, plus anytime a new tool is needed is a happy time, right? Trip the the hardware store, roaming in the tool section, finding other tools you might need someday... mmmmm.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    @TM2021 here's another tool that comes with feedback connectors; a little neater and more versatile than the one above.

https://www.amazon.com/Locations-Exp...7283656&sr=8-5
    Yes, that one is a better tool for tracing coax. I keep forgetting that not everyone work with low voltage network stuff!

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    It should not be necessary to swap coaxial connections at the switchplate. That's the purpose of the switch - to switch the input source on the cable connected to the TV
    I moved to a new site today. Connected my cable to the CABLE connection in the wet bay. Pushed the button next to the TV's coax cable in the cabinet above the TV to turn off the light. Scanned for cable channels. IT WORKS! Thanks so much @boyscout.
    (Ordered 7/13/20) 2021 Solitude 310GK, FBP, DP, HP, Toppers, Solar, MORryde 7K IS w/Disc Brakes
    Built 9/9/20; To Paint 9/11/20 (5-6 weeks); Done Paint 10/1/20; MORryde axle upgrade 10/5/20; Done at MORryde and paid for 10/8/20; Arrived at Dealer 10/20/20; picked up 11/7/20

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm having the same problem on my TCL Roku 32S335. When I first got my camper and set up the TV I didn't have access to Wifi so I skipped the whole Roku setup. The TV worked liked you would expect. If I didn't have cable I pushed the red button on the antenna amp and if I had access to cable I turned off the amp, did the scan and everything worked. I made the mistake of hooking it up to Wifi and installed all the Roku stuff. After that I have the same problem you are having. I did find that if I stopped the scan after the antenna scan and before the cable scan started, channels 2 - 13 would work. If I did the let the scan continue, it would find all the channels that the campsite had listed but I got the "No signal found". I tried doing a factory reset hoping that would get me back to where I was before the Roku install, but that did not help.

Last time we went out, I brought along another TV, hooked it up and it worked fine. I called TCL tech support and he told me to answer yes on the question about using channel 3 or 4. I told him I didn't have a cable box or sat box but he kept going on about skipping channels 3 & 4. He then said to scan for channels and let it go through the antenna and cable scans. He also said if you stop after the antenna scan it will crash the tv.?? He then said to go to channel 3 or 4 and use the box that I told him I did not have so I don't have much hope in this working.

I'm going to try next week when we go on a trip just in case he was right but, I don't see how this is going to work.

If it doesn't work I may try tech support again or just but in another TV.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    put coax into sat connection in wet bay and put inside coax into aux/ sat by booster. turn booster off scan for cable channels then go to live tv, not cable. works fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ClaraRowe View Post
    put coax into sat connection in wet bay and put inside coax into aux/ sat by booster. turn booster off scan for cable channels then go to live tv, not cable. works fine.
    Thanks I'll give that a try next time we are at a campsite with cable.
    I have been using the live tv setting and the tv worked fine before I activated Roku on it. Also I can hook up another tv by disconnecting the coax from the TCL and connecting to the other tv without changing anything else and the other tv works so it doesn't seem to be the wiring in the camper.
    I will give the sat connection a try next time I get a chance. Hope that works. If nothing else I'll hook the tv directly into the pedestal and give that a try too.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I had a choice I would not have selected a ROKU tv on my 2022 Solitude.
    Flimsy remote is a joke, and navigating through their menus is a maddening.
    2022 Soulitude 310 GK Disc Brakes, Solar, Onan LP
    2021 F350 CC LB 7.3 Godzilla, 430 Gears, B&W Companion, Morryde Pin Box, Garmin 890 RV GPS

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacific Fisher View Post
    If I had a choice I would not have selected a ROKU tv on my 2022 Solitude.
    Flimsy remote is a joke, and navigating through their menus is a maddening.
    Unfortunately, when we upgraded our GD OEM 40" TCL to a Smart tv (mainly for BT), but the only other tv option that would fit our OEM AV cabinet was a TCL 42" Smart Roku TV. Also should mention we wanted to keep the cost down for the replacement. However, the old TCL tv (used with new TCL tv stands attached - bolted right up) made for a good larger less-eye-strainable PC monitor that DW could use for VPNing to her work on the RV kitchen table instead of her much smaller laptop. So the draw back of buying another cheapo TCL Ruko Smart tv actually turned out to be a cheap but good purposeful addition even with its quirky and limited function. And since replacing 2 of the OEM dinette chairs with an ottoman, we can store the old 40" TCL next to the ottoman (secured by the old OEM floor strap) when traveling or storing.

Like you, I too hate the menus, but, I also hate the stupid indicator light on the tv bottom which is a PITA to turn and keep off, and not to mention the limited set adjustment features too.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12