User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Front storage compartment for generator.

Question for all y'all!

We have a 2021 320MKS. Did not have/get the generator prep done when we ordered it. I want to put the Morryde generator/battery tray up there, and wouldn't like to know if I need to reinforce the tray. It's diamond plate steel, 1/16" thick, I think.

I haven't looked under it yet, do I don't know if I need to reinforce the bottom with brackets, or what.

I know I'll need to rearrange my batteries, so that's not a big deal. I also know I'll need a riser to get the bottom of the shelf higher than the bottom edge of the compartment door opening.

If anyone has any insight or knowledge on this, I look forward to your advice! Thanks in advance.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Currently hailing from New Mexico. Hopefully full timing in late 2022.
    Current camper: Purchased a 2021 DG Reflection 320MKS!
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, it's not diamond plate, it's 3/16" rolled steel sheet. that is welded to the sides and back, as far as I can tell. Underneath, It looks like I'm going to need to add 2 2" angle iron pieces the width of the compartment to safely hold the weight and to bolt the riser and tray down. Now, do I have a metal shop weld the angle iron, or bolt it to the frame? I need to call around to some metal shops here in town and get prices.
    Mark & Mary. Currently hailing from New Mexico. Hopefully full timing in late 2022.
    Current camper: Purchased a 2021 DG Reflection 320MKS!
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel