Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Mac View Post
    Heavysledz,
    Decided to tap into the 12v wires insode so we drilled a 20mm whole in the docking station for the cut off switch and put the repeater just to the left of it. Behind the docking station is about 1/2 " of insulation...works great. Good luck with yours.
    Doug (Coach Mac)

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Glad you got it sorted out...post a few pics of the finished product for others to see.
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    2015 Ram2500 Laramie CC 6.7 Cummins Diesel w/air-ride auto leveling
    USMC Veteran

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a couple of picsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20210406_133910.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	33248Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210406_133923.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	33249

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, as always, the real test is how it works, right? I'm happy to report that my TST TPMS is working great with the repeater installed. If anyone uses the docking station to mount a cut off switch, I would recommend using a step drill bit and drill it in a vise. The plastic of the docking station grabs badly when using a large standard drill bit. Happy Trails!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why didn't you just remove the TireLinc dock all together and just mount a stand alone switch and the TPMS repeater in place of it?
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    2015 Ram2500 Laramie CC 6.7 Cummins Diesel w/air-ride auto leveling
    USMC Veteran

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Mac View Post
    Here's a couple of picsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20210406_133910.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	33248Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210406_133923.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	33249

How much slack did you find on the 12v wires behind the TireLinc? I'm doing this exact project on my 22MLE and when I pulled the dock off to take an initial look, it seemed like there was no extra length on the wiring at all. Did you solder your switch wires or was there enough length to do twist caps?
    2020 F-150 4x4 SuperCrew 3.5L V6 EcoBoost
    2021 Grand Design 22MLE Imagine XLS
    Blue Ox SwayPro WDH

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're right. Only about 2" of wire. We used wire nuts to connect. Works great! Good luck. It's pretty awkward working on the wiring and such while you're hanging out of the storage compartment!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mine is working great used it on two Long trips
    2600rb

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2023 295RL Reflection. The Tire Trac repeater just quit. The instructions say to check the “in-line “ fuse but that is nowhere to be found. Looks like the 12 volt wiring goes into the battery compartment area and connects to other power wiring. Based on comments here should I just trash this system and change? Thx all!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilsPugs View Post
    I have a 2023 295RL Reflection. The Tire Trac repeater just quit. The instructions say to check the “in-line “ fuse but that is nowhere to be found. Looks like the 12 volt wiring goes into the battery compartment area and connects to other power wiring. Based on comments here should I just trash this system and change? Thx all!
    Have you used a multi-meter to check and see if there is 12v on the wires? If no, look for a fuse/loose connection, if yes you can move on to whatever step the instructions have next.
    Also, this thread is over 2 years old so you might want to consider starting a new one if you don't get many replies.
    Good luck.
    2021 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    2021 Ram 2500 Hemi, Crew Cab Short Bed
    2-206 AH SOK Batteries, Victron MultiPlus 3000VA Inverter, 800 watts solar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alias100 View Post
    Have you used a multi-meter to check and see if there is 12v on the wires? If no, look for a fuse/loose connection, if yes you can move on to whatever step the instructions have next.
    Also, this thread is over 2 years old so you might want to consider starting a new one if you don't get many replies.
    Good luck.
    There was voltage to the repeater module; turns out that the plug-in repeater was faulty. Here's the interesting follow-up with Lippert. Even though the TireLink was still under warranty, I had to pay a $165 charge for a replacement module (which is backordered). When I receive it, I have to call Lippert again and request a claim form and a return authorization number to return the faulty receiver. Then they will process my claim to refund the $165!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12