Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TPMS repeater installed on new 22mle

Has anyone explored the pre-installed TPMS repeater installed in the front storage bend...specifically I'm trying to use the TST 507 TPMS system and want to replace my pre-installed repeater with the one TST provides. Has anyone done this? I tried using the TST system without the repeater...small trailer/ F-150 shortbed truck, but system dropped while driving. Could the pre-installed TPMS repeater be interfering with the TST system? Any thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The TPMS prep your 22MLE has is just a docking station for the TPMS repeater and is not the repeater...it should look like this. The only thing you could do is use the wiring as a 12vdc source to power your TST repeater.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4856.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	33106
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    2015 Ram2500 Laramie CC 6.7 Cummins Diesel w/air-ride auto leveling
    USMC Veteran

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed similar repeater underneath battery cover and purchased waterproof push bottom switch from Wal-Mart in automotive department. Drilled two holes in battery cover; one for push button switch and one to seen light on repeater. Wired directly to battery.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perfect. Just what I was hoping for...access to 12 volt power. I don't think I have the on/ off switch like it appears in your picture. Did you install that or was it pre-installed when you bought the rv? I want to have cut off switch so the repeater won't drain the battery. I'm guessing the repeater "blank" wiring box is above the main battery cut off switch at the wet bay. Does any one know for sure?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By above I mean that the main cut off switch in the wet bay would not cut power to the repeater if installed using the wire behind the repeater blank in the storage.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Mac View Post
    Perfect. Just what I was hoping for...access to 12 volt power. I don't think I have the on/ off switch like it appears in your picture. Did you install that or was it pre-installed when you bought the rv? I want to have cut off switch so the repeater won't drain the battery. I'm guessing the repeater "blank" wiring box is above the main battery cut off switch at the wet bay. Does any one know for sure?

By above I mean that the main cut off switch in the wet bay would not cut power to the repeater if installed using the wire behind the repeater blank in the storage.

You are correct on both parts.....the line I tapped into is up stream of the battery disconnect (confirmed) so I installed the LED toggle switch to the left of the TireLinc dock that you see in the picture above to prevent it from being on all the time.
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    USMC Veteran

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heavysledz,
    Where did you install your repeater? I've got a round cutoff switch like the one in your picture but wondering where you installed your repeater.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heavysledz,
    Where did you install your repeater? I've got a round cutoff switch like the one in your picture but wondering where you installed your repeater.

I actually haven't installed the entire setup yet as it is on back order. However, the docking station is mounted in the stock location which is inside the front pass thru storage compartment on the street side front facing wall below the LED light.
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    USMC Veteran

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be installing my repeater and cut off switch Monday or Tuesday. I'll share a pic with you what we decide for the location...seems like that TireTrac box is pretty hard to access in the storage bay in front so I may just attach the repeater to one of two 6V battery boxes with the cut off switch right next to it. Thanks for sharing!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heavysledz,
    Decided to tap into the 12v wires insode so we drilled a 20mm whole in the docking station for the cut off switch and put the repeater just to the left of it. Behind the docking station is about 1/2 " of insulation...works great. Good luck with yours.
    Doug (Coach Mac)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast