Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Tank Sensors

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tank Sensors

I drove approximately 200 miles to our destination. We have been somewhat dry-camping. I filled my Fresh Water Tank full before we left, but I knew I would be 1/3 tank less by the time we arrived. My Black was 1/3 full of water for better cleaning, etc.

I’ve been going and getting 5-gallon jugs of water each evening. We have been conserving water in the way we are washing ourselves. I have used the Toilet mainly to urinate and used it once to download. My wife has used it for both. We are at a Truck Stop, so I have used those facilities more for taking care of business.

Anyway, I am wondering why all my tanks sensors read at 1/3 full?

I find it difficult to know what our actual levels are on all tanks, and worried when using water, this is why I kept purchasing jugs of H2O.

Temperatures outside have gone from the upper 90s to 105F today.
    Karl - USMC - DAV 🇺🇸
    2004 Ford F-350 Powerstroke Super-duty 6.0L (Bulletproofed 😁) 202k miles | 2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22 MLE | Trailer Tires: Goodyear Endurance ‘D’ rated

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The OEM tank sensors are about as useful as a screen door on a submarine (although I guess that would keep the fish out). Almost everyone experiences them scumming over and becoming inaccurate sooner or later - mostly sooner. About the only true workaround is something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/LEVEL-709P310.../dp/B01N6B5ORH

Using the Geo method (Google is your friend) is the best approach we've found barring replacement of the sensors with a better system. Most folks learn their habits and tank cycles and get to where they're not reliant on the OEM sensors.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015