User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

297rsts heating problem

I have a 2021 297rsts and had the heater on at night with the temperature set at 65 on the thermostat in the living/ kitchen room
    But found out that the bedroom and bathroom get really hot 🥵 hard to sleep and the kitchen/ living room at 65
    It there anyway to slow or stop so much heat from getting to the bedroom??
    Help 🥵

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They make adjustable vents that will allow you to shut off or slow air flow in the areas that get to hot.

Sorry I don’t have a link, On my phone. Just search for adjustable rv vent.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JKellerJr View Post
    They make adjustable vents that will allow you to shut off or slow air flow in the areas that get to hot.

Sorry I don’t have a link, On my phone. Just search for adjustable rv vent.
    This is what I used in my 297RSTS

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0095TEPI0...ing=UTF8&psc=1
    2018 297RSTS
    2018 GMC Denali HD

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're not in the living area (at night when trying to sleep), turn the thermostat down.

During the day, set to whatever temp you want the living room and leave all your interior doors open.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Srobins do those vents close on that?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when it is 17° outside and somebody is in the living room watching TV and somebody else is in bed hard to turn it down too far

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trailboss View Post
    I have a 2021 297rsts and had the heater on at night with the temperature set at 65 on the thermostat in the living/ kitchen room
    But found out that the bedroom and bathroom get really hot �� hard to sleep and the kitchen/ living room at 65
    Help ��
    A couple of things to check based on what I had on my 297RSTS.
    1. Open the grill under the hutch and have a look at how the heating ducts are run. I found a couple that had a lot of extra material that kinked over at the bends and reduced flow. I redid these runs/bends at the furnace and got more airflow in the living room.
    2. Check the heat register under the island to make sure that both heat ducts there are attached properly and getting good airflow. Mine were once I did #1 but yours might not be. They could also be kinked somewhere under the floor as well.

You might also find that there is a duct not attached at the furnace when you open the grill under the hutch.

If there are no visible kinks, everything is attached and still not good airflow out of the 2 ducts under the island I would take it to the dealer for them to look for a kinked or crushed line under the floor.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trailboss View Post
    But found out that the bedroom and bathroom get really hot �� hard to sleep and the kitchen/ living room at 65
    Help ��
    https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Vents-an...10-3349VP.html

This is the one I used. In our 377 the furnace return is in the bunk room along with the thermostat and a supply. That supply is also the shortest heat run in the unit. That room would get very hot with it not being very big and the supply pumping out the most volume. I added the adjustable vent and just put it to fully closed. Now the whole system is much better balanced.

Other causes are kinked or disconnected vents. Assuming they're all good adding the adjustable vents allow for much better balancing.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok thanks that is a good place to start

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just went through this exact thing myself... After my wife telling me the drawer above the furnace was really hot ( i expected it to be somewhat warm) I checked it myself. Almost scorching hot! Off with the grill on that cabinet unit to expose the furnace. When the furnace fan ran there was a HUGE amount of air escaping around the end plate where the ducts attached. Also around the duct attachments, also through the partial? cut knockout plate. Taped them all up with furnace duct tape. Put a couple layers of heavy foil over top of the ducts. Great improvement!
    WAY more air through system, maybe 50% more? Could actually feel a slight breeze coming from under the island lol...
    Next up I checked the bathroom vent. You could now remove paint with the heat and high velocity air coming out of there. Off with the vent, 80% blocked it with same furnace tape. Back on, now you could actually say air was coming out of the island vents! Bedroom next... it was now blowing like the bathroom used to. We never have heat in our bedroom at home so I completely blocked that vent. Back to check the island vents... success! The air coming out of the island vents will actually blow a piece of paper away from them.
    Slowly, very slowly, accepting the fact that every single thing I look at/touch has to be improved or redone. First RV. Had many boats... If somebody discovers an RV that is built correctly, has dual opposing slides, attention paid to fit and finish and uses quality components, not a staple to be found, please let me know. (I know about the cigar tube style without slides not for me)
    2019 297RSTS vin:573TR3424K3319511
    2019 GMC 3500HD AT4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast