User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Equal-Flex Correct Track wet bolt question

I recently purchased a used 27RL and decided to upgrade and install wet bolts after reading about the OEM bushings. I inspected my suspension and found it already has an Equal-Flex Trailair system with wet bolts except for the front of the front spring and rear end of the rear spring which have Correct Track brackets installed with standard (non wet) bolts. Since the Equal-Flex system is very similar in design to a Moryde CRE3000 I am happy except I don't know whether the end bolts in the Correct Track brackets need a wet bolt. Does anyone have any expert input as I have not been able to talk to anyone at Lippert (or anywhere else) that in educated on this subject?

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you were to purchase the wet bolt kit from Morryde, all the bolts would be replaced with wet bolts. I swapped the LCI equa-flex on my Momentum with the CRE3000 and was very happy. My equa-flex look kind of beat up after about 2 years.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FT4NOW, thanks for the input but my Equa-Flex appears to be in great shape and already has the wet bolts with the exception of the outside ends springs. Just want to know if anyone has any experience with the Correct Track part and using wet bolts on it.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JFWIW. Mine had OE wet bolts in all positions (including spring ends in equaflex) and they worked fine but still wore out the bushings so I replaced all with Neverfail bushings and still going strong. 25,000+ miles and no more greasing!
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCR GD View Post
    JFWIW. Mine had OE wet bolts in all positions (including spring ends in equaflex) and they worked fine but still wore out the bushings so I replaced all with Neverfail bushings and still going strong. 25,000+ miles and no more greasing!
    I'd seriously like to see what your bushings look like. They problem with bushings wear is the result of the imperfect spring eyes when the force on the bolt eventually distorts the bushing and then it's just ground away faster and faster as the shavings enhance grinding.

OP, you will get conflicting information from Lippert (don't recommend) and MORryde who see no problem with it. It's silly really IMO as the concern is the engagement of the knurl on the bolt with the adjustment cam. If the bolt is the proper length so there's no slop, there's no way to skip keying between those two... YMMV
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    I'd seriously like to see what your bushings look like. They problem with bushings wear is the result of the imperfect spring eyes when the force on the bolt eventually distorts the bushing and then it's just ground away faster and faster as the shavings enhance grinding.

Even slightly out of round they do fine. This is at about 20,000 miles. Had one inspection since and still fine.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bushing.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	33110

Edit: No "shavings" with Neverfail material.
    Last edited by JCR GD; 03-31-2021 at 10:26 AM.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCR GD View Post
    Even slightly out of round they do fine. This is at about 20,000 miles. Had one inspection since and still fine.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bushing.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	33110

Edit: No "shavings" with Neverfail material.
    Wow! They look great!!! My shavings comment was regarding conventional bronze and wet bolt. The impregnated polyamide of your Never-Fails truly looks fantastic, astounding really, for the miles!! I also note your spring eyes are considerably more round then the Dexter pieces original to our rig or their replacements (major suspension failure after only about 3K).
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wet-bolts at Correct track brackets

Quote Originally Posted by Howie0 View Post
    I recently purchased a used 27RL and decided to upgrade and install wet bolts after reading about the OEM bushings. I inspected my suspension and found it already has an Equal-Flex Trailair system with wet bolts except for the front of the front spring and rear end of the rear spring which have Correct Track brackets installed with standard (non wet) bolts. Since the Equal-Flex system is very similar in design to a Moryde CRE3000 I am happy except I don't know whether the end bolts in the Correct Track brackets need a wet bolt. Does anyone have any expert input as I have not been able to talk to anyone at Lippert (or anywhere else) that in educated on this subject?
    I replaced the stock system on my Heartland unit 6 years years ago when I bought it. The bolts at the correct track brackets can be upgraded. They are longer than the standard wet bolt. If you look at the Mor-Ryde website they will list the length of the proper part in the Correct Track wetbolt kit and you should be able to then buy that part seperately.

FWIW, I had a wet bolt failure at the Correct track bracket...so no guarantee that you will never have issues. I suspect that the bolt loosened and slipped out rather than broke, but there was nothing left to look at so hard to tell. I've had two suspension-related bolt or shackle failures over the years...so now I always carry a spare set of bolts and shackles.