User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 50
  1. #1
    Fireside Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    64
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Westlake problems.

    Less than 2,000 miles and Westlake had a small leak develop in sidewall near the thread. Never hit anything. Tire shop could not believe how thin the sidewalls were. Decided to just get four made in the USA goodyears. If not for the TMS I would have been in a heap of trouble.

    Grand Design Imagine needs to offer a premium package that comes with Goodyear tires, lithium battery, TMS and sewer hose carrier.
    BigSam
    2021 Imagine 2500 RL
    2020 F150 SuperCab FX4 6.5 Bed 5.0L Engine
    Carry Cap 2066# Tow Cap 9100# Truck 7050# GWVR

  2. #2
    Fireside Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    64
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the way, the Westlakes that came on the trailer do not come balanced. I had the Goodyear tires balanced. Do trailer tires need to be balanced?

  3. #3
    Site Sponsor NB Canada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Woodstock
    Posts
    1,839
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never hit anything?

    Okay


    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

  4. #4
    Big Traveler Calbar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,185
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSam View Post
    Less than 2,000 miles and Westlake had a small leak develop in sidewall near the thread. Never hit anything. Tire shop could not believe how thin the sidewalls were. Decided to just get four made in the USA goodyears. If not for the TMS I would have been in a heap of trouble.

    Grand Design Imagine needs to offer a premium package that comes with Goodyear tires, lithium battery, TMS and sewer hose carrier.
    Glad your TPMS caught the leak. Not sure how you can be sure you never hit anything. I didn't think I hit anything years back either and had a leaking tire. When I took it off, sure enough there was a big spike in the tread. Happened on the truck a few times over the last 20 years as well with a nail or something causing a leak and never notice hitting anything. It is possible you had a defective tire though as well but so far my Westlakes have given me good performance for the last 3 years and 24,000 km or 15,000 miles. I do plan to change them out this year though as they are nearly 5 years old now.

    Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2019 RAM 3500 SRW 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

  5. #5
    Site Sponsor NB Canada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Woodstock
    Posts
    1,839
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You had a post from back in January that you were replacing them

    You didnít?


    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

  6. #6
    Big Traveler Wicked ace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Southeast PA.
    Posts
    1,388
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSam View Post
    Less than 2,000 miles and Westlake had a small leak develop in sidewall near the thread. Never hit anything. Tire shop could not believe how thin the sidewalls were. Decided to just get four made in the USA goodyears. If not for the TMS I would have been in a heap of trouble.

    Grand Design Imagine needs to offer a premium package that comes with Goodyear tires, lithium battery, TMS and sewer hose carrier.
    Check and see if you are covered by the Lionshead tire warranty The information would be in your folder. If it is a leak not due to puncture it is a tire failure. Lionshead will issue a check for their cost of the tire since you have already found replacements. It's probably not what you paid to replace the tire but every bit helps.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.

  7. #7
    Big Traveler Calbar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,185
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    You had a post from back in January that you were replacing them

    You didn’t?


    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    Trailer has been in hibernation all winter here in Ontario, Canada so the plan is still to replace them in the spring, probably May or June. Might wait if I can't travel with COVID though. I don't want the clock starting to tick on new tires just having the trailer sitting in storage. I think timing will depend on travel ban lifting.

    Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2019 RAM 3500 SRW 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

  8. #8
    Site Sponsor MN-Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    SE Twin Cities, MN
    Posts
    235
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSam View Post
    By the way, the Westlakes that came on the trailer do not come balanced. I had the Goodyear tires balanced. Do trailer tires need to be balanced?
    I had the tires on my old TT balanced and I had the tires on the 303 balanced before we started traveling with it. I donít know if it helps but I figure it sure canít hurt.

    I also had the shop do an alignment on our last trailer when I put new tires on it.

    Mark
    Mark & Megan & Levi (our floppy eared four legged furry friend)
    2019 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Duramax
    B & W Companion

  9. #9
    Site Sponsor NB Canada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Woodstock
    Posts
    1,839
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    Trailer has been in hibernation all winter here in Ontario, Canada so the plan is still to replace them in the spring, probably May or June. Might wait if I can't travel with COVID though. I don't want the clock starting to tick on new tires just having the trailer sitting in storage. I think timing will depend on travel ban lifting.

    Rob
    My comment was to the OP


    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

  10. #10
    Big Traveler Calbar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,185
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    My comment was to the OP


    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    Thanks. NP.
    Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2019 RAM 3500 SRW 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

DISCLAIMER:This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Grand Design RV, LLC or any of its affiliates. This is an independent site.