User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just My Luck

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RVTECH... hope you are better soon. It may be just a reaction to the vaccine or as you pointed out the vaccine minimized the effects. I know it must be tough taking the precautions you did. I'm sick of being hunkered down too. I'm fully vaccinated but because I'm ahead of the rest of the family, no Easter together again this year. I really miss that egg toss.
    I went to give blood at a Red Cross donation and was told I would test positive because I had my first shot a week before. I came back reactive to sample antibody results they provide. BTW, no after or side effects other than a sore arm.
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 04-04-2021 at 06:48 AM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RVTech,

Wishing you and your wife a speedy and uneventful recovery!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, the situation with the tests is confusing. An acquaintance of mine was sick for two weeks, now she's feeling fine, took a test, and it's negative again. She's going to have to stay home!

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a tough time staying [voluntarily] locked down knowing that I was so close to getting vaccinated. And now it's been two and a half weeks since the first shot, I'm starting to feel like I can take more risks. We may actually go out to a restaurant again, that will be nice. Going in for the second shot this Saturday, but statistically I probably already have fairly good protection now.

Can't wait for this pandemic to be a memory.
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RV Tech View Post
    - AND GUESS WHAT came down with COVID, verified with a test...starting to get over it now - appears the 1st shot may have helped minimize the sickness duration but now the better half is down and out with same..... hope hers is shortened as well..

Go figure....picked it up while in line to get the vaccine...oh brother.....
    I became symptomatic about 3 days after arriving at Padre Island TX from AZ, back around Feb 28th. I had to pick it up somewhere in TX before arriving at the Island. This was before the mask mandate was lifted.

Though we were pretty much anti-mask (having gone a year in AZ without wearing one), everyone we came into contact with in TX was in a mask required area, so we were masked when we caught it. My wife still hasn't had it, even though we were unable to isolate from each other while I was sick.

We're not getting the vaccine. Someone else can be the guinea pigs. I should be immune now, and she's been on prophylactic meds.

Glad ya'll came through it ok. I'd not bother with that second shot, if I were you.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe we should all just start living life again.
    "Each of us must confront our own fears, must come face to face with them. How we handle our fears will determine where we go with the rest of our lives. To experience adventure or to be limited by the fear of it."
    2020 Imagine 2600RB
    1998.5 Dodge Ram 2500 24 valve

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oldmanonthebike View Post
    Maybe we should all just start living life again.
    "Each of us must confront our own fears, must come face to face with them. How we handle our fears will determine where we go with the rest of our lives. To experience adventure or to be limited by the fear of it."
    I never stopped

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never stopped. Wearing a mask rates pretty low on my oppression cosplay prop list.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck.N View Post

Though we were pretty much anti-mask (having gone a year in AZ without wearing one), everyone we came into contact with in TX was in a mask required area, so we were masked when we caught it. My wife still hasn't had it, even though we were unable to isolate from each other while I was sick.

We're not getting the vaccine. Someone else can be the guinea pigs. I should be immune now, and she's been on prophylactic meds.

Glad ya'll came through it ok. I'd not bother with that second shot, if I were you.
    No way we are getting it either. My 83 year old mother isn’t even going to
    Btw we are not “anti-mask” we are pro face. Lol
    Humans were not meant to wear masks all day

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s pretty much why the virus will become endemic.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast