Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bypass valves on Momentum 25G

Afternoon,

Anyone have a real picture or description of where the winterizing bypass valves are for a Momentum 25G. I went to de-winterize yesterday and the book pictures do not match anything close to reality. I could only find one valve that, when opened, sent water to the water heater.

Something seems to be missing, however, as even though water seems to be going to the heater (some dripping out of the plugged drain hole on the heater), the water isn't getting hotter and I likely blew something - as my main breaker tripped after about 5 minutes.

I have the cold water line valve into the pump open (allowing flow) and the valve for the anti-freeze hose closed (because it's not connected to anything). Beyond that, I only found one other valve that could be opened - which I did - and subsequently my pump kicked on and started send water to the heater.

Not sure what the heck I'm doing wrong, but I'm a bit stuck. Would love it if GD could put accurate pictures and descriptions in their manuals, but I get it.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not familiar with your rig but the bypass valve are located right beside the hw tank on the inside of the tt.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks,

I found the one by the tank in the "kitchen" - which I opened and water immediately started flowing back to the heater. Just not sure if there is another one - as the book states.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sndalger View Post
    Thanks,

I found the one by the tank in the "kitchen" - which I opened and water immediately started flowing back to the heater. Just not sure if there is another one - as the book states.
    There should be 3, one on top of each other. Wait, unless you have a tank less which I'm not familiar with.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The book has three listed all right near each other. My setup has two valves under the sink and one near the tank in the next cabinet over. Problem is, the flow patterns don't match the book - and it's very hard to tell where the lines are flowing. But, I assume if I have water at the heater, I should be fine.

It's been one of those weeks.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if you ever found your answer, but the water heater bypass valves for my 25G are behind the access panel in the lower cabinet to the left of the kitchen sink below the mini storage shelf.
    Hope this helps.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bypass valve.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	37806

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bypass valve 2.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	100.7 KB 
ID:	37807
    2021 Momentum 25G - 2018 Ram 2500 6.4L Gas - 2009 Honda VTX 1300T
    Jack of all trades and master of one :)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see two - do I turn them both?

I don't know if you ever found your answer, but the water heater bypass valves for my 25G are behind the access panel in the lower cabinet to the left of the kitchen sink below the mini storage shelf.
    Hope this helps.

Hi - I am a new owner about to winterize today. I see two valves in there. Do I turn them both the opposite of what they are and call it a day?