User Tag List

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

light above the bedroom slide

We have a 2021 Reflection 337RLS. We bought it in May of 2021 and have taken trips to AZ and FL. Last night, my wife tried to turn on the lights above the head end of the bed and they no longer worked. Both lights are out of service. I suspect the 12v line feeding them has pulled from a connector between the slide and the main body of the camper. Before I dig into this, any ideas of where to start?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WB1891 View Post
    We have a 2021 Reflection 337RLS. We bought it in May of 2021 and have taken trips to AZ and FL. Last night, my wife tried to turn on the lights above the head end of the bed and they no longer worked. Both lights are out of service. I suspect the 12v line feeding them has pulled from a connector between the slide and the main body of the camper. Before I dig into this, any ideas of where to start?
    Wires under the bed pull apart. Here is the current thread on the topic. https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...-Bed-slide-out
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On our 337, I had to remove the mattress and the bed platform to get to the wires at the rear outside corner under the bed. It was a 2016 model (2015 build), so your newer bed platform may be different.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, it was the wiring under the bed. I have a couple of down days waiting for Tropical Storm Nicole to pass so I removed the mattress and the stuff stored under our bed. Then I removed all 3 plywood covers (2 under the mattress and 1 that is the floor below the mattress). Everything next to the outside wall checked out OK, but when I removed the false floor, I saw 4 disconnected wires and 2 of the clamp-on wire connectors lying on the floor. One of the connectors was actually broken. I checked for power using my digital multi-meter and I had power. I reused the one connector and got out my ham radio tool kit and found another connector to connect the power lead to the light system wires. Everything worked.

The cause of the separation of the wires I think was the loose wheels located at the front of the bedroom slide. I straightened them and tightened the screws that held them to the bed slide frame. Time will tell. Now that I know where to look and what I should be looking for, the next time I have to fix this should take only 30 minutes instead of 2 hours.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's always great when someone finds a fix for their issue, they take the time to post it up on the board to help others in the future.
    Here's your trophy.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997