User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Pulling wire to control panel in 2600RB

I just purchased a new 2023 2600RB. I would like to install an aftermarket battery sensor near the main control panel (the panel near the entry door that runs the lights and other sensors). I don't think I'll have any problem getting behind the panel and getting wire from there the floor but does anybody have any recommendations on how to best pull the control wire from the TV cabinet area to the front of the camper (Battery area) on the tongue?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VictorP View Post
    I just purchased a new 2023 2600RB. I would like to install an aftermarket battery sensor near the main control panel (the panel near the entry door that runs the lights and other sensors). I don't think I'll have any problem getting behind the panel and getting wire from there the floor but does anybody have any recommendations on how to best pull the control wire from the TV cabinet area to the front of the camper (Battery area) on the tongue?
    I think our setup will be somewhat similar so hopefully this helps...

I've installed a Victron GX Touch in that location {photo}. Ran wire into the "gap" between TV backer and cubby (there is about 4 inches of space), down thru a hole I drilled to behind the radio, and down to the power distribution center thru the wall (openings exist in the wall for wire from power distribution to radio) {photo}. Victron Cerbo GX is installed behind the power distribution center.

From behind power distribution center, you'll be able to pull wire thru floor and to tongue. You'll have to drop the coroplast down that side and then reseal (I used Great Stuff pond foam). It was a bit challenging to pull the wire so I also pulled a piece of string just in case I needed to do it again.

You should be able to access behind the distribution center by removing the drawer above. It is tight however. {photo}Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20221019_232645487.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	43697Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20221019_232446638.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	43698Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20211204_190606971.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	43699
    James and Dawn
    2019 F150 SCREW 3.5EB 6.5' - Haloview MC7109; Cooper AT3 LTX; Sumo Springs; ProPride WDH

2021 Imagine 2400BH - GY Endurance 225/75-15; MORryde CRE3000, HD shackles and wet bolts, X-factor crossmembers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you James. I really appreciate the feedback. I have a wire snake and I always run pull cord when I can. In your photo it looks like you've installed some dimmer switches. Did you simply remove the wires off the back of the OEM panel and attach them to the dimmer switches? Does that still allow you to use the Bluetooth control?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VictorP View Post
    Thank you James. I really appreciate the feedback. I have a wire snake and I always run pull cord when I can. In your photo it looks like you've installed some dimmer switches. Did you simply remove the wires off the back of the OEM panel and attach them to the dimmer switches? Does that still allow you to use the Bluetooth control?
    I did install two dimmers (living room and awning) downstream of the control module. See link below...

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...ompass-Connect

Note that some have had luck with the remote dimmers. I did not try as I understand those to be low side dimmers (work on negative).
    James and Dawn
    2019 F150 SCREW 3.5EB 6.5' - Haloview MC7109; Cooper AT3 LTX; Sumo Springs; ProPride WDH

2021 Imagine 2400BH - GY Endurance 225/75-15; MORryde CRE3000, HD shackles and wet bolts, X-factor crossmembers