User Tag List

Thread: Non rv toilet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Non rv toilet

I’m think of installing a kohler karing intelligent one-piece toilet. Other then the water usage going up a lot and possible leaking from driving, is there any reason it won’t work? My rv is parked and will probably be parked for years.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sounds like your unit is being treaded as a park model. If so, then no reason it wouldn't work just like at home...
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    2015 Ram2500 Laramie CC 6.7 Cummins Diesel w/air-ride auto leveling
    USMC Veteran

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you planning to keep the trailer permently in one spot or tow it? If you plan to tow it, how are you planning to keep the water in the trap from sloshing around and wetting the floor when in motion? I'd also be concerned that black tank odors may escapewhen traveling as well? If you don't plan on towing a lot and you can get it mount properly, I don't see an issue.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unless you remove the black tank and run the sewer straight out, you'll still have to keep the black tank closed until full, open, flush, and start with some fresh water in the tank again if you want to avoid a system blocked with solid waste. If the Kohler toilet uses more water per flush, draining and rinsing will happen more often.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm wondering if a macerating toilet would be a better choice. Am just thinking out loud, but would that allow him to connect the black tank to a sewer line and keep the tank valve open? It would also not be an issue if and when he tows the trailer.

Tom

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tnelson View Post
    I'm wondering if a macerating toilet would be a better choice. Am just thinking out loud, but would that allow him to connect the black tank to a sewer line and keep the tank valve open? It would also not be an issue if and when he tows the trailer.

Tom
    A macerator just "blenderizes" the solid waste to make it small enough for pumps and smaller hoses. It's my opinion that the solids would still settle before draining from the tank and create a problem. What keeps tanks functional is having enough liquid-to-solid ratio and being full enough when drained for the liquids to carry the solids out with them.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015