User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soon to be Owners!

Greetings all ! My wife Cheryl and I (Jerry) are soon to be owners of a 2970Rl ! We have never participated in this activity and are vary scared to start but soon we both will be retired and wish to join this wonderful adventurous activity. We have just spent 4 weeks visiting our local NY RV dealers here in upstate (Saratoga) and are filled with optimism and apprehension. I drive Semi truck for my vocation so pulling is what I wish to do so the TT is perfect. I have a New Ford 250 SD gas 2019 with 410 gears so we chose a smaller unit as we really wanted the 315RLTS unit but too heavy . We are educating ourselves buy watching 6000 YouTube Videos and now I am reading this beautiful forum packed with a wealth of information... We need to finalize the build and want a 2022 unit... I have 6 zillion questions and are skeptical of quality on all makes and models.... I'm ok with the reality of the situation and feel I will get lucky and not have too many problems as I can fix just about anything small... We are pleased to be a part of this site... Thank you to all who try to help the NEW Members... we need it....
    Cheryl and Jerry Bellinger, Saratoga NY 12020... Hope to learn more quickly.... Yup.... scared too...
    Kudos to all.
    Jerry (Belly)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BellEye View Post
    Greetings all ! My wife Cheryl and I (Jerry) are soon to be owners of a 2970Rl ! We have never participated in this activity and are vary scared to start but soon we both will be retired and wish to join this wonderful adventurous activity. We have just spent 4 weeks visiting our local NY RV dealers here in upstate (Saratoga) and are filled with optimism and apprehension. I drive Semi truck for my vocation so pulling is what I wish to do so the TT is perfect. I have a New Ford 250 SD gas 2019 with 410 gears so we chose a smaller unit as we really wanted the 315RLTS unit but too heavy . We are educating ourselves buy watching 6000 YouTube Videos and now I am reading this beautiful forum packed with a wealth of information... We need to finalize the build and want a 2022 unit... I have 6 zillion questions and are skeptical of quality on all makes and models.... I'm ok with the reality of the situation and feel I will get lucky and not have too many problems as I can fix just about anything small... We are pleased to be a part of this site... Thank you to all who try to help the NEW Members... we need it....
    Cheryl and Jerry Bellinger, Saratoga NY 12020... Hope to learn more quickly.... Yup.... scared too...
    Kudos to all.
    Jerry (Belly)
    Welcome. Great hobby and lifestyle. A new RV is fun getting to know as well. Cheers!
    2021 GD Reflection (150) 5th Wheel 268BH
    2019 F250 Gas 6.2L V8 FX4 Crew Cab
    PullRite 2100 20K Hitch w/ LOCKED OUT Turning Point
    2x Honda EU2200i Generators & 1UP Bike Rack & Roll-N-Lock Bed Cover
    Previous Setup:
    2017 Outdoors RV 23BHS
    2017 F150 Sport 3.5L V6 EcoBoost

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats

You are in the same place we are in many ways. Our first long trip is after July 1 for 7 weeks touring NY, Vt, NH and Maine.
    We will be up in you neck of the woods for a week at least

Good luck with your decision.
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome aboard! Glad you're here.

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kudos to all.
    Jerry (Belly)
    Welcome Jerry and Cheryl. We all started out somewhere. Four years ago we started RVing again with the Imagine 2950RL, the predecessor to the 2970. Its a great model, we loved it. We had the second AC unit on ours and in the summer heat of Texas it came in handy. We used our 3/4 ton to tow it and it did well. We used an Equalizer 4 point sway hitch and started out with the 1000/10000 set up but I had to increase the lift bars to the 1400/14000 to handle the tongue weight of that model. Our tongue weight ran around 1400 pounds, I had a sherline tongue weight scale and checked the tongue weight often. The fresh water tank is right up front under the bedroom and if full can place an additional 300 pounds or so on the hitch. I had to dial in the hitch a little but once set it was great towing the trailer.

You are seasoned with towing so that's not a biggie. Yup watching videos and educating yourself and reading the Imagine section of this forum is the way to go. Educate yourselves on the power, water and propane systems of your particular rig so when you do encounter an issue its not so intimidating. I am sure you are probably not scared, just apprehensive just starting out, that's natural. You'll get there, the prize is the enjoyment and seeing all the new places you'll encounter. There are great people here on the forum, that's the wonderful part about RVing, great people.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank You all so much... We are excited for sure and I myself are now watching what happens to improperly loaded TT with crazy drivers.... It can all end quickly and vary badly.... I want BEST anti sway system as I see once the rigg starts its oscillations it is almost a unrecoverable event and leads to disaster.... Yah.... I'm a truck driver at hart but my 18 wheeler never swayed back and forth and rolled.... Ooh my god.... more research is needed.... We love the 315RLTS but too heavie so we moved to the 297RLSTS for a choise but My 2019 Ford SD with 410gears and Tow Package might be again borderline saftey... No H20 in tanks and just underwear and pantys in dresser..... nothing but a spoon and fork in kitchen and purchase what's needed after arrival.... need best assist hitch... Which one for me is the ? God I'm worried.... Any suggestions?...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank You all so much... We are excited for sure and I myself are now watching what happens to improperly loaded TT with crazy drivers.... It can all end quickly and vary badly.... I want BEST anti sway system as I see once the rigg starts its oscillations it is almost a unrecoverable event and leads to disaster.... Yah.... I'm a truck driver at hart but my 18 wheeler never swayed back and forth and rolled.... Ooh my god.... more research is needed.... We love the 315RLTS but too heavie so we moved to the 297RLSTS for a choise but My 2019 Ford SD with 410gears and Tow Package might be again borderline saftey... No H20 in tanks and just underwear and pantys in dresser..... nothing but a spoon and fork in kitchen and purchase what's needed after arrival.... need best assist hitch... Which one for me is the ? God I'm worried.... Any suggestions?...
    You might take that specific question to the tow and hitch section. I used this WDH when I had a bumper pull a few years ago; it worked well and was easy to use.

Check this out at Amazon
    EAZ LIFT 48058 1,000 lbs Elite Kit | Includes Distribution, Sway Control and Hitch Ball https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005SB6S3Y...ing=UTF8&psc=1
    2021 GD Reflection (150) 5th Wheel 268BH
    2019 F250 Gas 6.2L V8 FX4 Crew Cab
    PullRite 2100 20K Hitch w/ LOCKED OUT Turning Point
    2x Honda EU2200i Generators & 1UP Bike Rack & Roll-N-Lock Bed Cover
    Previous Setup:
    2017 Outdoors RV 23BHS
    2017 F150 Sport 3.5L V6 EcoBoost