User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

King Pin Lock for Reflection 150 Series with Turning Point Wedge now in way of AMPloc

I have an AMPlock on my new trailer currently. When they install my Pullrite slider hitch next week, they will put the wedge (that is attached to the pin box) against the King pin making my large heavy duty Amplock unable to fit on my King Pin. What good quality King pin locks are you using and that fit when you have the wedge installed. I am not planning to remove the wedge every time I park the trailer. Thank you in advance for your comments
    2021 F250 XLT CCSB 6.2, 4.30, Iconic Silver, 2021 GD REFLECTION 295RL. PULLRITE SUPERGL. 2914
    2017 F250 Lariat CCSB 6.2 3.73, Caribou , 2013 COACHMEN FREEDOM EXPRESS 281RLDS
    2008 F150 XLT CCSB 5.4 3.55 Blue, 2008 STARCRAFT TT

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You mentioned having a slider hitch. If you do, I would recommend "locking" the pin box in it's stationary position, stow the wedge and just use your slider. You can't use both the sliding feature of the hitch with the pin box in it's turning configuration.

I hated the turning point. Even with the wedge torqued to specs, there was always slop from side to side. Very uncomfortable feeling while turning. I think you might find using only the sliding hitch a better way to go... assuming you already have the slider.

Correction: re-read your post and you say they are installing a slider hitch. But my comment above remains mostly the same. You can't use both the slide feature of the sliding hitch and the "turning point" pin box and turning configuration at the same time. You would have to lock the pin box in stationary position to use the sliding hitch to it's full capacity, or keep the slider stationary if you would be using the free turning feature of the turning point (and the wedge in place).
    Last edited by finz04; 05-14-2021 at 01:26 PM.
    Mike C.

2023 GD Imagine AIM 15RB - 2022 Toyota Tundra Hybrid Platinum CrewMax 4x4 shortbed twin-turbocharged and intercooled DOHC 24-valve 3.4-liter V-6

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by finz04 View Post
    You mentioned having a slider hitch. If you do, I would recommend "locking" the pin box in it's stationary position, stow the wedge and just use your slider. You can't use both the sliding feature of the hitch with the pin box in it's turning configuration.

I hated the turning point. Even with the wedge torqued to specs, there was always slop from side to side. Very uncomfortable feeling while turning. I think you might find using only the sliding hitch a better way to go... assuming you already have the slider.
    Yes got the 2914 Pullrite slider. Only used it so far to get the 295RL to the storage facility (covid) . Worked great. Made sure the slider worked to 90 degress before I left the dealership. I also got the particular AMPlock that pertains to the Pullrite slider wedge version ( not the adaptor plate with the screw) . This AMPlock is a beast and its cutout to make way for the wedge being close to the pin. I would recommend it. But it isn`t cheap. Model LPCVRS
    2021 F250 XLT CCSB 6.2, 4.30, Iconic Silver, 2021 GD REFLECTION 295RL. PULLRITE SUPERGL. 2914

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So if you are using the slider hitch, you won't need the wedge and you can use your pin lock. Perfect.
    Mike C.

2023 GD Imagine AIM 15RB - 2022 Toyota Tundra Hybrid Platinum CrewMax 4x4 shortbed twin-turbocharged and intercooled DOHC 24-valve 3.4-liter V-6

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the way, how do you like your 2021 295? We love our 2020 295.
    Mike C.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    QUOTE=finz04;369559]So if you are using the slider hitch, you won't need the wedge and you can use your pin lock. Perfect.[/QUOTE]

I need the wedge on mine because as you back up or go forward and turn the trailer, the wedge needs to hold the slider in position with the turning trailer. The gears will move the slider back as the trailer turns because of the wedge . Without the wedge the the slider won`t move back. The pin will just spin on the hitch and hit the window of the truck during the turn.

I haven`t used the trailer yet and I have owned it since January. They are cancelling camping up here due to Covid. Everything is closed down until June 2.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear that things have not yet started to open up to the North as they have down here. We had a pretty normal camping season last summer (while observing all the recommended precautions). We’re off an running this year thanks to the vaccine. I hope you get a chance to really enjoy your 295. We have.

Sounds like you have it figured out. Hope you have a great season!
    Last edited by finz04; 05-15-2021 at 06:53 AM.
    Mike C.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This one is much less expensive https://www.amazon.com/Trimax-TFW55-...07XD9G55J?th=1

No idea if it's any good.
    Rick

2019 Reflection 150 273MK
    2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
    PullRite Superglide

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the yellow color as it helps the pin stand out some when you're moving a round under there. This is the one I bought and use when I'm not using my tripod on the pin box. Comparable price.

https://www.amazon.com/CURT-23255-Wh...omotive&sr=1-8
    Mike C.