User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MOMENTUM 395MS Front Jacks

Is there a way to control the front x2 jacks one at a time for hitching purposes? It's one or the other always. Thanks for any help.
    395ms/2022

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not that I'm aware of. Why do you want to use them independently? If electric they're usually connected with a cross bar, if hydraulic that's the way they're designed to operate.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoosenMaverick View Post
    Is there a way to control the front x2 jacks one at a time for hitching purposes? It's one or the other always. Thanks for any help.
    395ms/2022
    The hydraulic pressure line goes to the curbside front landing gear first and causes it to move down. When the foot touches the ground, the pressure will then cause the streetside foot to go down to the ground. Once that happens, both legs have equal pressure and will raise the front of the trailer equally. There is nothing built into the system that could make it operate any differently. I suppose if you were mechanically inclined, you could buy some 3 way valves and hydraulic hose and rig up something that you could control it the way you would like to, but I can't imagine why anyone would want to do that.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @xrated and @Hoopy Frood thank you very much for your responses. We need to take you guys with us when we do our first trip....😆 still learning..always something..

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @xrated and @Hoopy Frood thank you very much for your responses. We need to take you guys with us when we do our first trip....�� still learning..always something..
    I've got a Momentum 394M, which prior to the revision of the 395MS, was the same exact trailer as the 395M. Back then (2018) Grand Design had two different models...the 394M and the 395M. The one and only difference was the the 394M did not have the rear 1/2 bath...and the 395M did have it. We didn't need or want a 1/2 bath taking up space in the garage area, so we chose the 394M. Then, sometime around the 2020 model year, they stopped making the 394M and just gave you the option on a 395M to either have the 1/2 bath or not. I don't know if it's still like that or not, I haven't checked lately....

Hang in there, we all started at the beginning, learning stuff as we went. Lots of great folks on this forum and always happy to help with questions....why?....because we've all been new at one time or another. Good luck and happy camping sir.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @xrated yeah I opted for the half bathroom, did I need it? No!🤣 but it was the one thing my wife let me choose🤣 I'm grateful for the help. I'm seriously thinking the 7 pin connector connection is loose from the 5th wheel. I'll check it this week and try what you said. I should have known when magically I saw the trailer connected/trailer disconnected flash back and forth when I was connecting the cable to the truck. I now know the fin on top of the cable head locks with the spring loaded cover to keep it in and somewhat secure, so new plan of attack. Thank you sir, and Margaritaville Lake Lanier will be our first stay coming up in about two weeks. 🙏🏽 I'll keep my fingers crossed. Good to know you people are so quick to help, everything I learn I will pass forward that's for sure.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @xrated yeah I opted for the half bathroom, did I need it? No!�� but it was the one thing my wife let me choose�� I'm grateful for the help. I'm seriously thinking the 7 pin connector connection is loose from the 5th wheel. I'll check it this week and try what you said. I should have known when magically I saw the trailer connected/trailer disconnected flash back and forth when I was connecting the cable to the truck. I now know the fin on top of the cable head locks with the spring loaded cover to keep it in and somewhat secure, so new plan of attack. Thank you sir, and Margaritaville Lake Lanier will be our first stay coming up in about two weeks. ���� I'll keep my fingers crossed. Good to know you people are so quick to help, everything I learn I will pass forward that's for sure.
    Yea, even with that "locking" device, mine simply wouldn't stay connected consistently. On mine, the velcro strap around that area, the plug and the cover lock, would firm it up enough that the issue was resolved. Before I did that, I had replaced the 7 pin cord on the trailer and even bought a new receptacle for the truck and installed them....same issue until the velcro strap came to the rescue. By the way, the receptacle that Ford uses and the pigtail that was on the trailer were made by different companies and just didn't mate well enough to keep the connection with help. Strange but true.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually