Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2021 ford f450 brake controller not powering Solitide 390rkr brakes

I’ve had the 21 450 and 21 solitude 390rkr paired up since early May last year with zero issues. Last trip was about a month ago and no issues.
    Today I have zero trailer brake power from the truck. I can’t even get the gain to show on the dash when manually moving the plunger.
    All lights, turn signals and even back up lights work just no brakes.
    There is an active recall on the 22 super duties. Mine isn’t included and also i have none of the trailer lamp fault as others have.
    Tomorrow I’m going to try the bumper plug and see if it changes anything. Spray out the plugs with cleaner and add dielectric grease and see if that changes anything. All ford dealers are at least a month out.
    I’ll check the fuses tomorrow am as well.
    Anyone got any thoughts as to what the issue may be as well as the resolution. Stopping this behemoth is not fun with no trailer brakes.
    Thankfully this was just a short trip a couple of hours away.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a similar issue with my 2012 F150 Platinum. Took it to the local trailer repair place to diagnosis. Immediately, they knew is was "missing a fuse". Even though it had a Max Towing Package, the factory didn't include the fuse.

No issues with our 2022 F250 brakes.

Good luck!
    Jeff and Mary
    2017 2600RB
    2022 F250 Lariat CC 6.7 w/ Max Tow
    Round Rock, (Donut Capital of Texas) <><