Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Tires for Tow Vehicle

Without telling what tires you have on your tow vehicle, tell me what you think of this tire:

Cooper Discoverer A/T3 LT
    All Terrain Truck SUV
    Size: LT275/65R18/10
    Load Index: 123 | Speed Rating: S

It's a 10 ply so it's load range E and it has a 60k mile warranty. They're $289 each and I want them for my F350. Just got tired of looking for the best tire and best deal since I don't have a lot of options here.
    Harry C
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2610ML
    2015 F350
    Formerly: Jayco Pinnacle 36REQS

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reviews look good. That thread pattern might make them noisy. On my last truck I had a set of Duratrac. My only complaint was that they were noisy. I didn't really realized to what point until I changed truck which had regular tires. So now I keep an eye out for that. If you don't mind noisy tires then it should be OK. I'm not saying that those will be, just suspecting that thread might be.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought about that but, if you look at the tread pattern on the edges, it has variable width cuts. This is to break the "hum" you get with most off-road tires. They don't claim to be quiet, but they look like they might be. What they do claim good traction on wet roads with ejector ledges that spit out rocks and stones.
    Harry C
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2610ML
    2015 F350
    Formerly: Jayco Pinnacle 36REQS

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read on one of the Ram forums that they are quiet tires. That said, I have had Cooper Discover HT tires on other trucks and they hold up well.
    Hope this helps. Good luck.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put the Cooper Discoverer AT/3 tires on my RAM 3500 SRW about four months ago, although I have 20" rims. I have not towed my big trailer with them yet, but I so far really like them. I had a set several years ago on my last truck, and they have updated the tire since then. They are quieter, although they still make some noise, which is expected for the tread. I have been in heavy rain and snow, and have been impressed with the traction. They are not snow tires, but they sure did well. Muddy gooey mess at the dump, and they did great.

When I sold my last truck the tires had about 50K miles on them, and they looked like they would make 60K miles, but not much more. Not complaining, as most of that was towing, and tires usually do not last as long towing.
    Last edited by Wileykid; 03-14-2022 at 07:44 AM.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had 2 sets of Cooper Discoverer AT3 on a half ton (not LT) and while they rode good, cleaned out good, and were quiet. They lasted about half as many miles as they were supposed to. They wore evenly, but at about 1/2 tread, the wear rate seemed to increase dramatically.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm on my second set of Cooper Discoverer AT/3 I love them they handle well in the snow and rain.
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army