Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Tire pressure

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tire pressure

I have load range Westlake 235 80 R 16 E tires on my 2020 303RLS. I would like to go to load range Sailun G tires. I keep my E tires set at 80lbs as per the yellow sticker. If I change to G tires what pressure do I set the tires at. Can the 16" Lion rims take 110lbs?
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malco1 View Post
    I have load range Westlake 235 80 R 16 E tires on my 2020 303RLS. I would like to go to load range Sailun G tires. I keep my E tires set at 80lbs as per the yellow sticker. If I change to G tires what pressure do I set the tires at. Can the 16" Lion rims take 110lbs?
    I will suggest that you look at the backside of the wheel. They should be stamped with the max pressure and you should be able to read it if you crawl under the unit. FWIW, I have had no trouble with two sets of Sailun tires over the years. They are an outstanding G-rated tire. In fact, they are more of a G+ as they have a higher than standard capacity rating. Regarding tire pressure, I would recommend setting them at 110 psi. That way, you will get the extra carrying capacity. Setting them lower decreases carry capacity, although there are some that weigh each tire and set accordingly. Seems like too much work to me. They are also speed-rated to 75 mph.