User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New 17MKE owner from Central PA

Just picked up my 2021 17MKE. My name is Elena and I'll be camping by myself. But I have a group of friends that all bought campers this year. Very excited to start camping in my Mikey. Made 9 reservation for April through October. Dealer told me to get my reservation made as soon as possible. Will camp around PA and Maryland for the first year while I figure things out. Thanks for adding me to the group. I look forward to reading your post.

Towing with a 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee with tow package. So far it's going ok but plan on purchasing a truck in the future for longer distance camping.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome fellow PA resident! Plenty of great campgrounds throughout PA and MD for you till you get your bearings for the future! Good luck and happy camping!
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ejheath View Post
    Just picked up my 2021 17MKE. My name is Elena and I'll be camping by myself. But I have a group of friends that all bought campers this year. Very excited to start camping in my Mikey. Made 9 reservation for April through October. Dealer told me to get my reservation made as soon as possible. Will camp around PA and Maryland for the first year while I figure things out. Thanks for adding me to the group. I look forward to reading your post.

Towing with a 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee with tow package. So far it's going ok but plan on purchasing a truck in the future for longer distance camping.
    Congratulations on your new 17MKE and welcome from down the road in “Murlin” as the locals pronounce it.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the group. That's a nice and popular Floorplan.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ejheath View Post

Hi Elena,
    Congratulations on the new purchase!!We are just waiting for delivery of our MKE, sooo excited!! Hoping to buy an Anderson Weight Distribution Hitch but I don't have some key info to order it. There are no trailers at the dealer yet so they aren't much help. Could you possibly help me out? Is the coupler for a 2 5/16" hitch ball? What is the measurement of the frame where the weight distribution bars attatch, 6"? And lastly with the trailer level what is the measurement from the bottom of the coupler to the ground.

Thanks in advance!
    Steve

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Steve,

I'm not home right now I will have to measure it when I get home but I think that is correct. I will double check when I get home.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2265.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	33160

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus 7200 View Post
    Hi Elena,
    Congratulations on the new purchase!!We are just waiting for delivery of our MKE, sooo excited!! Hoping to buy an Anderson Weight Distribution Hitch but I don't have some key info to order it. There are no trailers at the dealer yet so they aren't much help. Could you possibly help me out? Is the coupler for a 2 5/16" hitch ball? What is the measurement of the frame where the weight distribution bars attatch, 6"? And lastly with the trailer level what is the measurement from the bottom of the coupler to the ground.

Thanks in advance!
    Steve
    I'd rather someone else with a 17mke confirms but it should be 2 5/16" and the frame should be 5". You can always give GD a shout.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We de-winterized this week and rechecked the WDH setup on our new 17MKE, so I have notes on that height dimension. When the floor is level, the bottom of the coupler just behind the ball is 21-3/8” above the ground. Note that this lower surface is slightly tapered so it’s hard to use that dimension precisely unless you know where I measured it. When hitched with Fastway e2 load bars in place, it’s at 20”, so very slightly nose down.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails EBFD6A26-5791-412B-8B5A-E7EEF0876CD6.jpeg  
    Last edited by dkayak; 04-02-2021 at 07:56 AM. Reason: Clarification

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks dkayak, appreciate the response. Is the a-frame size 5"?

Steve

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast