Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just wondering

Quote Originally Posted by Smokegill View Post
    Can I tow a 23BHE with a 2017 nissan titan sv 4x4
    I don’t know can you?

I know I could if that helps

Going to need more info

Plus how are you going to use it. Long hauling or weekend warrior?

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure you can. Is it a good idea? I have no clue.

If you post the GVWR of the trailer and the payload rating of your truck (from your door sticker), we will have a better idea of whether or not your truck is a good match for that trailer.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. But you'll need a good weight distribution hitch setup correctly and be careful with loading the truck and trailer. Travel light and travel slow for best results.
    2021 GD Reflection (150) 5th Wheel 268BH
    2019 F250 Gas 6.2L V8 FX4 Crew Cab
    PullRite 2100 20K Hitch w/ LOCKED OUT Turning Point
    2x Honda EU2200i Generators & 1UP Bike Rack & Roll-N-Lock Bed Cover
    Previous Setup:
    2017 Outdoors RV 23BHS
    2017 F150 Sport 3.5L V6 EcoBoost

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This should help answer your question. http://changingears.com/rv-sec-calc-...eight-tt.shtml Most of the numbers that you'll need for your TV are on the 2 stickers inside the driver door. As for the tt numbers, you can easily add 250 lbs to the UVW as a minimum bare bones. Tw will be around 12.5% of the tt weight.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks I'll run the numbers with that but I'll probably be over like I always am.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess that was the wrong way to ask that. Let's try this for the past few months I have been looking for a new trailer. I have looked at many brands and a lot of them just didn't appeal to me and one day I ran across the grand design 23BHE and it is exactly what I'm looking for. The problem is a few years ago when we got our new truck we looked at towing compacity but did not know that payload would play such a big part in towing ability. That being said I have the towing compacity but I have a vary low payload compacity on my truck. And the few numbers I have ran so far show that I would be a few hundred over payload towing the 23BHE. So what I'm asking is it possible to tow a trailer over payload? Or should I don't even try. Robert is there a way to move weight to the trailer. When I went to the dealership to look at the trailer they told me that the WDH would move half the tounge weight to the trailer. Is that true I don't know I have never used a WDH before.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess that was the wrong way to ask that....So what I'm asking is it possible to tow a trailer over payload?
    This isn't much different than your first question. Yes, anybody can tow any trailer and exceed their payload. Lots of people do it every day. Some say the payload ratings don't mean anything and ignore them (they are the people with 1/2 and 3/4 ton trucks). Most don't want to exceed their payload ratings- or any other ratings for that matter. The numbers are easy to crunch. You just need to decide for yourself if your truck will work - for you.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess that was the wrong way to ask that. Let's try this for the past few months I have been looking for a new trailer. I have looked at many brands and a lot of them just didn't appeal to me and one day I ran across the grand design 23BHE and it is exactly what I'm looking for. The problem is a few years ago when we got our new truck we looked at towing compacity but did not know that payload would play such a big part in towing ability. That being said I have the towing compacity but I have a vary low payload compacity on my truck. And the few numbers I have ran so far show that I would be a few hundred over payload towing the 23BHE. So what I'm asking is it possible to tow a trailer over payload? Or should I don't even try. Robert is there a way to move weight to the trailer. When I went to the dealership to look at the trailer they told me that the WDH would move half the tounge weight to the trailer. Is that true I don't know I have never used a WDH before.
    What is the payload number that is printed on your door?

And the dealership is incorrect that it will move half the TW. Not even close actually

The 23bhe will have a TW of around 750-850 lbs plus the hitch

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload