User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Outside Shower Wand doesn't shut off

Tracked down the trickle of water draining out from under my Kantleak (2015 GD) panel. There's a slow drip of water from the outdoor shower head. It seems that what I assumed is an on-off valve for both hot and cold is actually "full-on" or "half-pressure." Turning as much as I can (or as much as I can respecting that it's all made of plastic!) it never fully shuts off the water flow. The on-off at the handle just isn't strong enough to prevent the full pressure of the system and ejects the offending water.

I've googled till my fingers hurt but I can't find any info on this unit. Throwin' it out there to the group.
    Pam and Doug
    2017 F350 (the Dragon) with 2015 GD Ref 337RLS (the Dragon's Tail)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe just a bad valve. I've not had any problems with mine. How much water pressure are you running.
    2021 351MR
    2017 Jayco 377rlbh (sold)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannon07 View Post
    Maybe just a bad valve. I've not had any problems with mine. How much water pressure are you running.
    I have a pressure regulator running in-line. It also leaks when I'm running in "stand-alone" mode with the water pump.

Anybody know if it's possible to disassemble the little guy??
    Pam and Doug

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might have it figured out by now, but you can removed the knob and see if it has a valve that screws out.
    2021 351MR
    2017 Jayco 377rlbh (sold)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RESOLVED! No leaks...I just wish I knew what I did!!!

I took the system apart as much as I could, which wasn't much. The factory units are sealed - there's no way to take them apart to replace individual gaskets.

So I did what I could: I disconnected the shower hose, then took off the "nozzle" and made sure the hose was cleaned out. I then reattached the hose (sans nozzle) and let the water blast through it a couple times - let water pump build up pressure then rapidly open the valves. Maybe there was something lodged in the seal that worked it's way through because the third time I did this the water finally shut off.

So I'm putting this in my "I'm an RV hero!" column (even though I'm hoping no one asks, "So -- what did you do?"
    Pam and Doug