We've been having fun watching all the folks posing at the entrance to the National Parks we've been visiting. You know - the requisite family photo standing in front of the big sign right before the park entry.

It reminded me of the first time we made a cross country family trip. It was in 1993! Wow - got to thinking of that today when I saw a mom and dad sitting the young children on the wall for the "photo-op". We waved at them all and they waved back.

Now we just drive past those signs. I think on the 4 week family trip back we did back in '93 and did the same thing! Even stopping at state lines when we could to get photo.

I constantly have to remind myself, and we remind each other, to be patient with the new-comers. Sometimes I just forget that we went through the new experience. And sometimes I just roll my eyes at the things I see. Often we might try to suggest things to others who seem new at this to help them along. Most times it is met with a huge thanks, a few tips passed along, and well wishes for safe travels. Sometimes I think I would have been better off just keeping to myself.

Anyhow - I thought of all this today as we went in and out of NPs and smiled thinking how even now our kids would like to come along and of how nice it would be if we all could re-live it again.

Welcome to all the first-timers and newcomers!