User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

F-250 Set Up for New 278BH

Picked up a 2019 F-250 CC SB 6.2 last summer with plans to get it set up for a 5th wheel . Got a good price and truck had low miles (17000) , but didn't have any prep pkg or hitch . It does have a 3280 LBS payload capacity . First thing I did was put a soft cover on the box , just to keep things outta sight when not towing .

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	33153

Next was a factory prep pkg , found one at a Ford dealer , picked it up and did the install myself , took about 6 hours to do with my 11 year old grandson helping but it went smoothly .

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	33154

Name:	5.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	76.0 KB 
ID:	33155

Name:	6.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	35.7 KB 
ID:	33156

Next on the to do list was getting Linex Liner sprayed in the box .

Name:	7.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	33157

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Next on my list was a fifth wheel hitch for the factory puck system , went with a B&W RVK3300 , assembled and installed , fit great .

Name:	11.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	33158

Next Saturday me and the wife will go and pick up the new Reflection 150 Series 278BH , we've been planning and preparing for almost a year now so its pretty exciting . We are raising 3 grandsons 12 , 9 , and 7 so the bunkhouse should serve us well . More to come after we pick up the trailer .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We picked up our new 278BH this past Saturday 225 miles away from home . Truck pulled it great , rode great , did not need to use the Truning Point Pin Box unlocked with the wedge , had plenty of cab clearance with pin box locked . My F250 dropped about 1 1/2" over back axle , it was not spongy or spring at all . There was no sway or wagging at all , it pulled rock solid . It was all highway driving and the 6.2 did good , there were some inclines and the truck never dropped below 60-65 mph , it did downshift to 4th once or twice and down to 5th more than a few times . Nothing over heated , engine , tranny , etc . Tires stayed cool , slightly warm to the touch . I did take the time and set up the Lippert TPMS with my smart phone after I got home (shows tire pressure and temp) . Overall I was quite pleased with the performance of the truck and the fifth wheel set up .

Name:	7.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	33414

Name:	8.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	33415

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice looking rig adirondak5, congrats! White trucks look sooo nice with these new white Reflections!
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice setup congrats
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good. Nothing wrong with an F250 / Reflection setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Reflection 28BH
    Pullrite Superlite 2600
    2019 Ford F250 CC SB 6.7L
    2017 Jayco 27bhs (Sold)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks great!
    My son and I installed my Superglide hitch ourselves. It was the second vehicle we have installed the hitch in.
    It wasn't really that hard and I know it's done right.
    Congratulations on a job well done sir.
    2020 Reflection 29RS 5th Wheel
    2019 GMC 2500 HD 4x4 Duramax

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    Very nice looking rig adirondak5, congrats! White trucks look sooo nice with these new white Reflections!
    Thanks , they do look good together .

Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    Nice setup congrats
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by nisbitch View Post
    Looks good. Nothing wrong with an F250 / Reflection setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Fivecodys View Post
    Looks great!
    My son and I installed my Superglide hitch ourselves. It was the second vehicle we have installed the hitch in.
    It wasn't really that hard and I know it's done right.
    Congratulations on a job well done sir.
    Thank you . Now that all is done with the prep pkg and hitch and looking back it wasn't overly hard to do and was kinda fun outside of the lost parts . I would not hesitate to do it all again . Also there is a certain satisfaction you get doing it yourself .

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should still be OK on payload, but keep in mind that with everything you just added, the Tonneau cover, the spray in bedliner, the 5ver hitch prep kit and the 5ver hitch itself, you probably lost between 400 - 450 lbs of that original payload capacity for the truck, since that payload number was BEFORE anything was added. Just out of curiosity, I would take it to a CAT scale and weight the truck only, then the truck/trailer together and you can get an accurate set of numbers to see exactly where you are weight-wise with payload, pin weight, GVWR, etc, etc.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    You should still be OK on payload, but keep in mind that with everything you just added, the Tonneau cover, the spray in bedliner, the 5ver hitch prep kit and the 5ver hitch itself, you probably lost between 400 - 450 lbs of that original payload capacity for the truck, since that payload number was BEFORE anything was added. Just out of curiosity, I would take it to a CAT scale and weight the truck only, then the truck/trailer together and you can get an accurate set of numbers to see exactly where you are weight-wise with payload, pin weight, GVWR, etc, etc.
    Yep , I had the loss of payload capacity in mind since I started looking for a bigger truck last year , I figure I added about 350LBS to the truck . That leaves me 2940 lbs to play with . I would love to go with the trailer to CAT Scales but Connecticut or NJ are the closest locations , and a 5 or 6 hour round trip for CAT Scales just isn't gonna happen . I'll look around locally , ask around at some of the asphalt plants or junk yards and see if they can hook me up with their drive on scales . I am curious as well , It seemed that there was not much weight on the pin the other day when we brought the trailer home .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast