User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Equalizer Shank / F-250

I tried looking around the forum and Google searching but cannot come up with exactly what I am looking for.

Anyone here with a newer F-250 (2017 or greater, 4th generation body) utilizing an Equalizer hitch? If so, what size shank are you using?

My estimated numbers on the Equalizer calculator from their website shows I will need the 3" rise, 7" drop. That is what I currently have for my F-150 and my 2021 Imagine 2400BH. I have an F-250 on order and it should be arriving soon. Trying to get everything ready for it and I am looking to upgrade to the 2.5" shank for the F-250 and limit any play with the hitch reducer. Thus, trying to make sure I order the correct updated shank.

Unfortunately, there are just no trucks around to even steal a measurement from at the dealership.

Any help is appreciated.

Jeff
    2018 Ford F-150 Super Crew 3.5L EcoBoost
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2400BH
    On Order: 2022 Ford F-250 Super Crew 7.3L
    Jeff
    2022 Imagine 2910BH
    2022 Ford F-250 Super Crew Lariat

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NDIrishLacrosse View Post
    I tried looking around the forum and Google searching but cannot come up with exactly what I am looking for.

Anyone here with a newer F-250 (2017 or greater, 4th generation body) utilizing an Equalizer hitch? If so, what size shank are you using?

My estimated numbers on the Equalizer calculator from their website shows I will need the 3" rise, 7" drop. That is what I currently have for my F-150 and my 2021 Imagine 2400BH. I have an F-250 on order and it should be arriving soon. Trying to get everything ready for it and I am looking to upgrade to the 2.5" shank for the F-250 and limit any play with the hitch reducer. Thus, trying to make sure I order the correct updated shank.

Unfortunately, there are just no trucks around to even steal a measurement from at the dealership.

Any help is appreciated.

Jeff
    2018 Ford F-150 Super Crew 3.5L EcoBoost
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2400BH
    On Order: 2022 Ford F-250 Super Crew 7.3L
    Not sure this will help you - but I got a 2021 F250 7.3 Tremor (that may be lifted slightly from the standard F250). The inside top of my hitch receiver is a shade under 24" . I also upgraded from an F150 and I ended up getting a Reese 2-1/2 inch shank : https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GBFW1N1...ing=UTF8&psc=1. But my hitch is a Huskey so the Equalizer might be different.
    2020 imagine 2500rl; 2021 F250 Tremor 7.3
    youtube: @bobanddangsjourney

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rmcrowe View Post
    Not sure this will help you - but I got a 2021 F250 7.3 Tremor (that may be lifted slightly from the standard F250). The inside top of my hitch receiver is a shade under 24" . I also upgraded from an F150 and I ended up getting a Reese 2-1/2 inch shank : https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GBFW1N1...ing=UTF8&psc=1. But my hitch is a Huskey so the Equalizer might be different.

I think the Tremor is lifted but thank you for checking... if the Reese has the same limits as the Equalizer, that would mean I would be ok even if the Tremor is lifted.

Good job getting your Tremor when you did... they are a limited quantity now!
    Jeff
    2022 Imagine 2910BH

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went from a '16 F150 to a '20 F250 and I'm using the same 14k Equalizer. I ended up dropping 1 set of holes on the shank and was good to go with a level trailer. I'm using the same 2" shank, but welded together 2 adapters to get me from 2" to 3" since I couldn't find an adapter to do it in one step.
    For all towing except the camper, I have a WeighSafe 180 with a 3" shank and a Curt with 3" shank and 4" drop with no ball for the farm wagons. I don't mind using an adapter with the WD hitch since the weight bars take out the "slop" that would be there without the bars.
    There have been a few "local" camping trips where the Equalizer stayed home and the camper was just pulled on the WeighSafe ball with a little extra in the airbags. Just wouldn't want to get out on an interstate in heavy traffic, or possible cross wind, without sway control.
    2019 2970RL
    2020 F250

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pap and Mimi View Post
    I went from a '16 F150 to a '20 F250 and I'm using the same 14k Equalizer. I ended up dropping 1 set of holes on the shank and was good to go with a level trailer. I'm using the same 2" shank, but welded together 2 adapters to get me from 2" to 3" since I couldn't find an adapter to do it in one step.
    For all towing except the camper, I have a WeighSafe 180 with a 3" shank and a Curt with 3" shank and 4" drop with no ball for the farm wagons. I don't mind using an adapter with the WD hitch since the weight bars take out the "slop" that would be there without the bars.
    There have been a few "local" camping trips where the Equalizer stayed home and the camper was just pulled on the WeighSafe ball with a little extra in the airbags. Just wouldn't want to get out on an interstate in heavy traffic, or possible cross wind, without sway control.
    Perfect, thanks for the reply.
    Jeff
    2022 Imagine 2910BH