User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn’t be too worried. Your trailer might have 2000 lbs of pin weight, but with a 6.2 L you probably have over 3000 lbs of payload. My diesel only has 2100 lbs, so you’d have far more than that. Enjoy the summer camping season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Reflection 28BH
    Pullrite Superlite 2600
    2019 Ford F250 CC SB 6.7L
    2017 Jayco 27bhs (Sold)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adirondak5 View Post
    Yep , I had the loss of payload capacity in mind since I started looking for a bigger truck last year , I figure I added about 350LBS to the truck . That leaves me 2940 lbs to play with . I would love to go with the trailer to CAT Scales but Connecticut or NJ are the closest locations , and a 5 or 6 hour round trip for CAT Scales just isn't gonna happen . I'll look around locally , ask around at some of the asphalt plants or junk yards and see if they can hook me up with their drive on scales . I am curious as well , It seemed that there was not much weight on the pin the other day when we brought the trailer home .
    You may also want to look at the county/city dumps in your area. I have used the county dump scales near me, and they have been surprisingly accurate.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice looking truck...Congrats!!
    2018 Grand Design Solitude 377MBS

2017 Ford F-350 Lariat DRW...FX4...4.10's...White Gold/Caribou with Black interior. Curt Q20 hitch. BakFlip MX4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have pretty much the same truck that you do and I'm considering buying the Grand Design 278BH just like yours. Mine truck a 2017 but has the 6.2 gasoline engine like yours. Mine has a 3.73 rear end. Do you know if yours is 3.73 or the 4.10 that is optional? Also, have you pulled your 5th wheel over any mountain passes? How does it pull when going up something like a 6% grade? Thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandPursuit View Post
    I have pretty much the same truck that you do and I'm considering buying the Grand Design 278BH just like yours. Mine truck a 2017 but has the 6.2 gasoline engine like yours. Mine has a 3.73 rear end. Do you know if yours is 3.73 or the 4.10 that is optional? Also, have you pulled your 5th wheel over any mountain passes? How does it pull when going up something like a 6% grade? Thanks in advance.
    My truck also has a 3.73 rear end , I have no issues or complaints with that gearing while pulling my 278BH . The steepest hill I pulled so far has been NY Rt 17 up Wurtsboro , I think that is a 5 or 6 % grade (4 mile climb) , the truck will down shift to 4th up that hill but I can do it at 55 mph (probably could go faster but why). The engine will work a bit and get into its best torque band going uphill pulling the 278BH , but I have never felt under powered or over loaded . I think you will be pleased with the performance . Good luck with your purchase .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your detailed reply. This is really good info for me considering I have the exact same truck/engine/rear end setup as you, and am looking really hard at buying the 278BH.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12