User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by raggdoll View Post
    Thanks, didn't the article say something about using Dawn dish soap? It didn't give measurements on that?
    In the article it's mentioned afterwards that Dawn is not really needed with the Calgon and would eliminate need oils. As you can see from other post, there's different recipes. We use the one that I posted and never had issues. What ever recipe you decide to use, don't forget the 5 gallons of water to start off with. Both Water and Geo Method are required.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can someone explain in more detail how they fill, flush, refill, put chemicals in their grey and black tanks? The Geo method link said every time you flush the tank you add this solution... Does that mean right before you flush the tanks you add the solution or 30 mins before so it has time to work or does it mean after you flush you add it for the next flush?

Thanks,
    Taylor

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty sure that method would mean every time you empty the tank you add the stuff after so its there as it fills. In a new tank before you use it add it in prior to beginning use. Personally we twice flush the black tank with water on each flush. As far as grays leave them open except when moving and ill drop in a.couple electric dish washer tabs and about 10 gals of water. After stopping ill allow the grays to fill before dumping.
    Last edited by maxdixdragon; 06-27-2021 at 11:03 AM.
    2019 Solitude 377MBSR
    2018 RAM 3500 LB dually CC 4x4 deisel

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by taycar1982 View Post
    Can someone explain in more detail how they fill, flush, refill, put chemicals in their grey and black tanks? The Geo method link said every time you flush the tank you add this solution... Does that mean right before you flush the tanks you add the solution or 30 mins before so it has time to work or does it mean after you flush you add it for the next flush?

Thanks,
    Taylor
    I only dump when the black is at least at 3/4 or if our trip is over. It really help to have clear elbow. Dump the black until it's empty. Start flush for a few minutes. Close valve but let flush go on. After 5 min, open valve and Dump again. Close valve for 5 min with flush still on. Meanwhile Dump gray. Once gray is empty Close grey valve and open black. Shut flush. Whatch for clear water coming out of black. If not Close black, turn on flush again for 5min. Shut flush, Dump black. Repeat till you get clear water. Once you get clear running water your done dumping. Add geo method to grey via sink and black via toilet. Add 3 to 5 gallons of water to toilet.
    That's pretty much my routine.

Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    I only dump when the black is at least at 3/4 or if our trip is over. It really help to have clear elbow. Dump the black until it's empty. Start flush for a few minutes. Close valve but let flush go on. After 5 min, open valve and Dump again. Close valve for 5 min with flush still on. Meanwhile Dump gray. Once gray is empty Close grey valve and open black. Shut flush. Whatch for clear water coming out of black. If not Close black, turn on flush again for 5min. Shut flush, Dump black. Repeat till you get clear water. Once you get clear running water your done dumping. Add geo method to grey via sink and black via toilet. Add 3 to 5 gallons of water to toilet.
    That's pretty much my routine.

Do you add water to the grey tank after flush like you do for the black tank or just add the Geo solution?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you add water to the grey tank after flush like you do for the black tank or just add the Geo solution?
    I just add the geo.

Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always leave the tanks with about 5 gallons of fresh water and GEO solution in the tanks while in storage. That what it can soak and also so it can slosh around when enroute to our next destination.
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    2015 Ram2500 Laramie CC 6.7 Cummins Diesel w/air-ride auto leveling
    USMC Veteran

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I aways keep about 5 gals (a full Home Depot bucket) in our black tank.

Dry TP is the problem when it comes to sensors and valve seals will dry out and crack if they're not wet.

A tank with 5 gals water will keep some humidity and the seals submerged. That water will also allow any remaining solids or TP to break down.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123