User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Locating mobile RV tech for PDI

We are strongly considering traveling 10 hours to Montgomery AL to purchase a used 2021 21BHE from a private seller that has reportedly never been camped in.
    For those that have purchased a camper out of state, did y’all have a 3rd party do an inspection before arriving or even a simple drive by?
    And what is the best way of locating a mobile RV tech?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the price was good I couldn’t imagine it would still be for sale for you to drive that far
    What is the price?

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found an inspector here: https://nrvia.org/
    This is the nationally accredited (FWIW) association.
    Colin & Tracy
    '21 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ/Z71/SRW, Long bed, Anderson UH
    '21 Solitude 310 GK-R

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's above Nada but around market. Price was reduced from 30.5 to 28k. TT includes new GY Endurance tires and equaflex upgrade, basically a full camp kit of hoses and wires, NIB mattress and a WD hitch.
    And with the market the way it is, dealers are sitting firm on new at 32k. So for $300 in diesel, we save about 6k I reckon.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many members have travelled great distance to get their rigs. Seeing that its a 2021, it would still be under warranty.
    I'm sure that mobile techs and inspectors are swamp and not immediately available. If your handy, you can make this into a little road trip and do the inspection yourself. There's a few members on here that created quite an intensive PDI checklist. Do a search on this forum and you should easily find it.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Fireside Member Jefferson Beifuss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBoltz View Post
    We are strongly considering traveling 10 hours to Montgomery AL to purchase a used 2021 21BHE from a private seller that has reportedly never been camped in.
    For those that have purchased a camper out of state, did y’all have a 3rd party do an inspection before arriving or even a simple drive by?
    And what is the best way of locating a mobile RV tech?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    https://nrvia.org/ Is also who I used for my pre-buy inspection on our new (to us) rig, which we bought in southern CA, some 12 hours from here in central UT. I would do the same if it were 20 minutes away, as I would want a disinterested 3rd party inspection of an investment this size, new or used.
    Jeff & Jean
    2015 GD Reflection 337RLS, Goodyear Endurance tires, JT Strongarm stabilizers
    2015 Ford F-350 SRW Lariat, w/ Sulastic spring shackles, Rancho shocks, airbag, 80 gal supplemental fuel tank, Curt Q20 hitch, Access rollup cover