Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First Time Black Tank Use

At the end of the month we pick up our 2500rl and after 3 days on the road we will be bringing it home.
    Question is what do I do to the Black Tank for its VERY first use?
    Keeping in mind I"ll be dumping it at the end of the 3rd day due to we won't be taking the rig out for another 14 days.

After that we will be taking 4 day trips once every month until August when we will be camping for 3 weeks straight in Colorado.
    I'm a Newbie to all this type of camping. Appreciate any help you can give.
    Thanks

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nothing special...just ensure there is an adequate amount of water in there before you begin using it....I typically like to put 5 gallons or so in the tank. I also use one of the Porta-Pak dissolving deodorizers as it helps break down the solid and TP. My unit came with a bottle of Thetford Bio holding tank treatment when I picked it up. So yours may as well. If so, that will get you thru your first 3-day trip.

Before you dump it, I would add a bunch of water until it is at least 2/3 full and leave that in the tank while you drive to the dump station. it will help agitate things and aid in breaking up any larger chunks for easier removal. Always dump your black tank first and shut the valve before you dump your grey tank(s). The grey tank water will somewhat rinse out the plumbing and sewer hose so it is less of a mess to deal with...
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    2015 Ram2500 Laramie CC 6.7 Cummins Diesel w/air-ride auto leveling
    USMC Veteran

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent thank you.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Extreme View Post
    At the end of the month we pick up our 2500rl and after 3 days on the road we will be bringing it home.
    Question is what do I do to the Black Tank for its VERY first use?
    Keeping in mind I"ll be dumping it at the end of the 3rd day due to we won't be taking the rig out for another 14 days.

After that we will be taking 4 day trips once every month until August when we will be camping for 3 weeks straight in Colorado.
    I'm a Newbie to all this type of camping. Appreciate any help you can give.
    Thanks
    Look for a dump station and dump on your way home. Some places will charge a minimal fee, $5 or so, but many are free.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://kleentank.com/the-geo-method/ this is what a lot of us do. No chemicals and it will keep yours sensors clean.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    https://kleentank.com/the-geo-method/ this is what a lot of us do. No chemicals and it will keep yours sensors clean.
    This is what we do as well as Happy Camper toilet product for breaking down tissue and what not.
    2021 310GK-R - MorRyde suspension and pin box. Sumo Springs. Solar, 7k axles.
    2019 Lance 1062 Truck Camper, 2 slides.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel, 10 speed auto, 3.55 diff-48 gallon fuel capacity
    2000 F350 XLT HD SRW 2WD 7.3L diesel, 6-speed manual trans, 3.73 diff - Firestone Airbags-Bilstein Shocks. 82 gallon fuel capacity

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Geo Method.

We have been using the Geo method for a few years. Have not had a problem yet!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The link doesn't give clear directions on how to make the solution, how do you do it?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by raggdoll View Post
    The link doesn't give clear directions on how to make the solution, how do you do it?
    If you look at the very end of the article they give the instructions. This what we use only I put a full cup in the black tank and we use the liquid Calgon.
    Here’s how to make your own:

Purchase or find a clean, one-gallon (128-ounce) bottle

Pour in 40 ounces of Pine-Sol (generic or alternative pine-based cleaners can also be used)

Pour in 4 ounces of Calgon (we like the bath beads)

SLOWLY pour in water to fill the one-gallon bottle (it will foam like crazy and take time to fill completely)

Gently shake

For most holding tanks (both black AND gray; 30-50 gallons in capacity), pour in four ounces (1/2 cup) EVERY time you empty your holding tanks. A one-gallon bottle of this solution will give you about 50 tank treatments, all for a cost of roughly ten dollars

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, didn't the article say something about using Dawn dish soap? It didn't give measurements on that?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast