User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newbie question..Turning point pin box and B+W 3500 reverse ball hitching point

Was reading that the GD 260 turning point pin box will not work in the unlock position on a B+W companion 3500 single point reverse ball mount system as the writer said it puts too much stress the hitch single mounting point. Claimed I’d was okay as long as pin box was locked.
    Has anyone heard this to be true?
    Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Johniv View Post
    Was reading that the GD 260 turning point pin box will not work in the unlock position on a B+W companion 3500 single point reverse ball mount system as the writer said it puts too much stress the hitch single mounting point. Claimed I’d was okay as long as pin box was locked.
    Has anyone heard this to be true?
    Thanks
    I would call the hitch manufacturer directly next week and ask them. I believe that hitch is rated for 20k pounds, seems reasonable it could handle the stress of the Turning Point. I know PullRite recommends using the next hitch up because of the Turning Point torsional loads which is why I have the larger hitch myself.
    2021 GD Reflection (150) 5th Wheel 268BH
    2019 F250 Gas 6.2L V8 FX4 Crew Cab
    PullRite 2100 20K Hitch w/ LOCKED OUT Turning Point
    2x Honda EU2200i Generators & 1UP Bike Rack & Roll-N-Lock Bed Cover
    Previous Setup:
    2017 Outdoors RV 23BHS
    2017 F150 Sport 3.5L V6 EcoBoost

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

i have 2020 26RD and have the B+W hitch with turnover ball. My hitch has a orange sticker stating not to use wedge with hitch. i called them directly and was told not use so I locked it out.