User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slide Topper - 2250RK

I am looking into getting a slide topper for my 2250RK and I noticed the upper fridge vent is really close to the upper right corner of the slide box. Just eyeballing it, it looks awfully close and might not have enough space to mount the awning guide arm....has anyone installed a slide topper on their 2250RK? If so, what make/model if you wouldn't mind sharing...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4789.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	33175ATTACH=CONFIG]33174[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4790.jpg  
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    2015 Ram2500 Laramie CC 6.7 Cummins Diesel w/air-ride auto leveling
    USMC Veteran

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavysledz View Post
    I am looking into getting a slide topper for my 2250RK and I noticed the upper fridge vent is really close to the upper right corner of the slide box. Just eyeballing it, it looks awfully close and might not have enough space to mount the awning guide arm....has anyone installed a slide topper on their 2250RK? If so, what make/model if you wouldn't mind sharing...

I have a similar configuration on my 2970RL and have a topper. Mine were dealer installed.

They have different type brackets. On the fridge side they used a standard bracket and on the door side. They used a low profile bracket.

I have included a pic that shows it but not very well. I'll have the trailer home this week and can take a better picture. My toppers are Lippert brand.

Name:	IMG_20200907_144532970_HDR~2.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	52.3 KB 
ID:	33176
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OurNewEra View Post
    I have a similar configuration on my 2970RL and have a topper. Mine were dealer installed.

They have different type brackets. On the fridge side they used a standard bracket and on the door side. They used a low profile bracket.

I have included a pic that shows it but not very well. I'll have the trailer home this week and can take a better picture. My toppers are Lippert brand.

Name:	IMG_20200907_144532970_HDR~2.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	52.3 KB 
ID:	33176
    excellent, thank you...
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    USMC Veteran

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GD uses Carefree Alpine Toppers and their short or tall bracket mount will fit that clearance. Other styles brands could vary, but do know you can mount on the lower portion of the slide trim as well. As long as you're in below the roof line of the slide box.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whatever topper you choose, mount part that attaches to wall of camper as high on wall as possible to allow rain to flow off fast. Saw toppers mounted on some sides where part that attaches to camper was almost level with slide and water would pool at top of slide during heavy rain. Have 2250RK and mine connects to camper up against gutter or as high as you can mount it.
    Last edited by Buckskin; 04-03-2021 at 02:54 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are the pictures from my slide topper on our 2970RL street side with the fridge in the slide. You can see there is a smallish bracket that is mounted to the wall and then the larger bracket slides into that. There is plenty of room/clearance with the fridge vent cover frame. Hope this helps. I was going to install mine but my DW stepped in and said "no the dealer will install them". Glad for that because the door side slide topper with the two awnings I am sure I would have screwed it up.

Name:	CurbSideSlideTopperBracket.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	78.1 KB 
ID:	33269

Here is picture of the bracket used on the door side topper. On the 2970RL there is an awning on the slide and an awning over the door. All three are pretty close when all are closed.

Name:	Imagine2970RL DoorSide SlideTopperBracket (2).jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	33271
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Mike,

This makes more sense now and shows that they have taken this into account.....however, looking at your pics, I see a few things that would concern me if it were my trailer.

1. The mounting plate above the fridge should have 2 set screws in the lower holes to keep the plate from wanting to slide one direction or the other. It looks like in the pictures, that they are missing.
    2. On the other end above the awing arm, it looks like one of the self-tapping screws holding the rod into the bracket has snapped off. Although this will not affect performance, it will be a PITA if you ever have to remove the topper as you will have to get that drilled out.
    3. Maybe it's an illusion from the pics, but it looks like the right side is mounted higher than the left side.

Not trying to be negative especially since you are helping me out, but not sure if you were aware of these items or not.
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    USMC Veteran

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I installed a Solera topper on my 2500RL. I had the same concern so sent a question to eTrailer about the bracket size. They responded and put a technical link on their site:

https://www.etrailer.com/question-379540.html?fb=yes

Bought the Solera and installed it myself. Pretty easy with 2 people.
    2018 Imagine 2500RL
    2016 F150 with 3.5L Ecoboost

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Dnmatt thank you for the info and link!
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    USMC Veteran

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great information. Thanks DNmatt