User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2250RK Questions

I am trying to decide on a 2150rb and a 2250rk ordering this week. The question I have with the 2250rk is how it pulls when you have water and waste in the tanks. I have a friend that had a Heartland rk and the sway was horrible the tongue weight was 1/2 of advertised and there solution was to add 300lbs of weight to the trailer I don't want to have this nightmare. So any input on tank locations or towing would give a great help. We are leaning toward the theater seating rather than a booth as I just can't imagine sitting in the booth and trying to watch TV.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    2020 Imagine 2450RL
    Wasaga Beach Ontario Canada
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 Trailer Tow Package
    Eaz-Lift Elite WD Hitch 14,000lb capacity 1,200lb bars

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2150 RB , tanks full no problem ( just use more fuel }

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have 2250RK and love it. There is no problem whatsoever towing it; just make sure you have good weight distribution hitch like the Equalizer Brand or one of similar design. Stay away from WDH with chains they don't work nearly as good as Equalizer; I have owned both designs so I am talking from experience. Get the theater seats; you will love them and they add sleeping for 2 more people if ever needed. The 2250RK can be used with 2 couples by closing bathroom doors and both have their entry door from outside. 2250RK is only 1 foot longer than 2150.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a rule GD's seem to run heavy on tongue weight. And with the large pass-through "stuff expands to fill available space", that adds to the tongue.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never towed ours with water in tanks, other than a few gallons of fresh water in case. Second, ours has theater seats, love them. Like you can not imagine booth seating.
    WPS
    Imagine 2250RK 2018
    Silverado 2018 1/2 Ton, 5.3L V8 3.42

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2018 2250RK with the theater seating and love it. Have towed it with some water in the fresh tanks as well as some in the black tank. We too use an equalizer W/D hitch and it tows just fine.

We stay in ours up to 3 1/2 months at a time and the theater seating is the way to go. Very comfortable

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really like our new 2250RK. Hopefully you will too. We upgraded to this from a Lance 1985 (early). The Lance had dinette seating (booth) in the slide. It was comfortable enough, but sliding in and out of the booth seating got old. Very happy with the theater seating. We mostly eat and entertain outside so we don't miss the booth at all. It was always lousy for one of us when watching TV. The reclining theater seats are comfortable enough to sneak a cat nap in the afternoon.

We haven't done any dry camping with this one yet. But I like to carry about 1/3 tank of water. We've been at a campground that lost power and it was nice to have use of the sinks and toilet while they fixed things. I have heard that carrying a certain amount of water could help with knocking down sway, but we've not had a problem with sway with our Blue Ox SwayPro WD hitch. I suppose any TV and trailer combo might be subject some sway. You didn't mention what your tow vehicle was. I mention this because some TVs have an ant-sway feature. I had a Ford F150 that had electronic anti-sway. I guess it worked well because I never experienced sway with it. But check into what your TV might already have.
    Mike C.

2023 GD Imagine AIM 15RB - 2022 Toyota Tundra Hybrid Platinum CrewMax 4x4 shortbed twin-turbocharged and intercooled DOHC 24-valve 3.4-liter V-6

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've towed almost exclusively with full fresh water because I primarily boondock. You don't need to worry about the tongue being under the advertised weight. You should, however give serious consideration to how much it weighs over the advertised weight. With full water, batteries, LP and a moderate amount of "stuff" in the basement, my tongue weighs in at just over 1200 lbs. Granted, I have 4 6V batteries at 80 lbs each, but even with only 2, I'd still be at an easy 1000 lbs. I use an Equalizer E4 WDH with 1200 lb bars. I've never had the least amount of sway, even in the gusty northern Nevada crosswinds coming out of the Sierras. The bathroom gray and the black tanks are both in front of the axles, so the majority of the fresh water you use is probably going to end up in front of the axles as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a newbie also with a 2250RK. Doesn't the tow vehicle have something to do with sway also? I just moved my Imagine from old home to new home, 375 miles, with mostly empty tanks. Black water had a couple gallons of fresh water added in it after dumping. Slightly overloaded, I'm sure, due to moving some extra household goods in the TV and TT. Set cruise on 65. Had a bit of sway when large pickup's and semi's zoomed by. When they just cruised by, no sway.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5159.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	21783
    2019 Imagine 2250RK
    2018 GMC Sierra SLT 1500, CrewCab, 5.3L, 2wd.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was reading my WD hitch manual to start installing it and there was a big red tag on the hitch that said to turn sway control off on the vehicle if equipped when using the sway control that came with the hitch.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    2020 Imagine 2450RL
    Wasaga Beach Ontario Canada
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 Trailer Tow Package
    Eaz-Lift Elite WD Hitch 14,000lb capacity 1,200lb bars

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast