User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2790RL - furnace smoking is out of the bedroom!

I know there are a number of posts regarding the furnace with varying flow volume issues, usually related to kinks in the ducts. My issue is they are all blowing roughly the same and yet within 2 minutes of running the bedroom is extremely hot while the main living area is still quite cool.

I understand they do not recommend blocking off vents but at this point I’m not sure what else to do. Any other 2970RL owners experiencing the same?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2970RL and also had furnace issues. One of the ducts was not connected to the furnace.

I would agree that the flow in the living area from under the island is pretty weak. It has a 4" that runs under the floor through the belly. The bedroom one runs under the shower and the wardrobe. We haven't noticed that the bedroom vent is too hot. But we try not to run the furnace because it is noisy. When we were in cold weather, overnight we set the thermostat in the low 60's and then used an electric space heater in the hallway.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2018, 2970 RL, and the air coming into the bedroom is pretty warm. The air coming from the registers under the island is substantially cooler, however, it is warm enough to make the heat in the fireplace turn off.

you may also notice that your "hutch" area that the furnace lives in gets fairly warm too. I pulled out both of the drawers which gave me access to the furnace. I could easily see that there were all kinds of air leaks where they connected the flexible furnace ducts and that was spilling hot air under the hutch. The return air comes in under the hutch too so I was basically recycling good hot air rather than blowing it out to the coach. So I purchased a roll of tin duct tape and sealed up as many leaks as possible. I have to say, I think it made a bit of a difference.

One other thing we do when we are using the camper during cool/colder nights, when we go to bed we turn on the a/c fan, just in "fan" mode. That really helps to keep the bedroom from becoming blistering hot when the furnace comes on. Kind of evens out the temp throughout the whole coach.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Appreciate the suggestions. I was fully expecting a noticing experience issue at the furnace but everything is pretty good. I like the idea of tin tape on the joints, will definitely do that. Also a great suggestion to turn the fan on.

Thanks!