User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Blackstone 17" Griddle

  1. #1
    Site Sponsor
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    177
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Blackstone 17" Griddle

    I'm looking at this as it seems perfect for the two of us and an occasional guest. All of the online photos show it with a 1lb propane bottle with regulator attached to it, so it is obvious it needs a regulated gas source. I'm not really disposed to carrying 1lb propane canisters or a 20lb gas bottle to run it and I don't want to be constantly disconnecting/reconnecting one of the 30lb bottles.
    How hard would it be to convert the existing gas connection on the griddle to a QD so that it can plug into the trailer's outside gas QD? I did it with my CampChef stove and a Weber Baby Q, but I havn't seen the gas connection on this one.
    A parts list and source would be great if anyone has it.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

  2. #2
    Paid my dues 😁 FT4NOW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    2,836
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are very happy with ours. Havent done the conversion yet, but the picture below shows the part to do it. It's on my list of things to purchase. Previously I kept an extra 20lb bottle in my truck bed just for the griddle. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210403-200521_Chrome.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	31.7 KB 
ID:	33189

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2021 Reflection 311BHS
    2018 F350 CC/LB/Firestone bags/Reese Goose Box

    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH
    SOLD - 2016 F350 CC/LB/DRW/Curt Q24/Air Lift Load Lifter 5000

  3. #3
    Site Sponsor GeoffnCheri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    NW Arkansas -
    Posts
    693
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Myself and many have ordered a 12' hose with QD which connects directly to the Blackstone (without the regulator) and the other end to the QD on the trailer. Something like this https://www.amazon.com/bbq777-Extens...04615999&psc=1
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2018
    USMC-Ret
    Maintaining the Thin Blue Line

  4. #4
    Site Sponsor
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    177
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys. After I posted I went to Google and found several items for this conversion. I'm going with just the QD as I already have a hose that I use on other appliances. My trailer is only a 268BH so storage is at a premium. The more things I can get to do multiple applications, the better.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

  5. #5
    Seasoned Camper OurNewEra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    367
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLandry View Post
    Thanks guys. After I posted I went to Google and found several items for this conversion. I'm going with just the QD as I already have a hose that I use on other appliances. My trailer is only a 268BH so storage is at a premium. The more things I can get to do multiple applications, the better.
    I would recommend ordering from propanegear.com. I ordered a kit for my Blackstone Tailgater off Amazon. It clearly stated it would fit the Tailgater Combo Grill. Well it didn't.

    The reason I did not order from propane gear was that it would not have arrived before a trip we were going on. I now use an extra 20# propane bottle instead of connecting to the port on the trailer. This allows me to put my grill wherever I want to at the campsite.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

  6. #6
    Site Sponsor
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    29
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLandry View Post
    I'm looking at this as it seems perfect for the two of us and an occasional guest. All of the online photos show it with a 1lb propane bottle with regulator attached to it, so it is obvious it needs a regulated gas source. I'm not really disposed to carrying 1lb propane canisters or a 20lb gas bottle to run it and I don't want to be constantly disconnecting/reconnecting one of the 30lb bottles.
    How hard would it be to convert the existing gas connection on the griddle to a QD so that it can plug into the trailer's outside gas QD? I did it with my CampChef stove and a Weber Baby Q, but I havn't seen the gas connection on this one.
    A parts list and source would be great if anyone has it.
    I love cooking on our Blackstone Griddle when camping. I purchased the QD line with the 90 degree fitting on Amazon and it works great. Our 303RLS did not come with an outdoor kitchen but I made a little table with a folding leg to hold the griddle and provide for quick set up and storage. See pictures below. The table leg was also an Amazon purchase, the small table top and 2x4s were Home Depot.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Griddle01.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	33204
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Griddle02.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	33205
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Griddle03.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	33206
    2021 Reflection 303RLS Pulled by 2019 F350 Crew cab diesel with Andersen hitch
    Still own: 2010 Heartland Elkridge 34DSRL

  7. #7
    Site Sponsor
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    177
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is slick. I have a heavy plastic picnic table with folding legs. I can do away with one of the legs and cut it to the needed length and make the piece that hangs over the lip on the pass through door. It's already self reinforced except for the side I'll be cutting off.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

  8. #8
    Site Sponsor
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    29
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLandry View Post
    That is slick. I have a heavy plastic picnic table with folding legs. I can do away with one of the legs and cut it to the needed length and make the piece that hangs over the lip on the pass through door. It's already self reinforced except for the side I'll be cutting off.
    Thanks, I can flip the leg up and slide the whole thing back into the pass through. I originally thought about a slide but it takes up a lot of space.
    2021 Reflection 303RLS Pulled by 2019 F350 Crew cab diesel with Andersen hitch
    Still own: 2010 Heartland Elkridge 34DSRL

  9. #9
    Site Sponsor
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    177
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll leave mine detachable so it can be stored in the rear compartment. I'm already out of space in my pass through, but I'm still organizing and re-arranging stuff.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

  10. #10
    Site Sponsor Richter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Near Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    411
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OurNewEra View Post
    ...I now use an extra 20# propane bottle instead of connecting to the port on the trailer. This allows me to put my grill wherever I want to at the campsite...
    We have done the same thing for the past two years. It can be a little heavy to get in and out of the bed of my 350, as I keep it in a pretty solid/heavy plastic milk crate, so that I can tie it in place. I just ordered a 10” version, which will be much lighter. It will go in the same milk crate, and I have cut some blocking to keep it tightly in the crate, then tied in place.
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

    First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

DISCLAIMER:This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Grand Design RV, LLC or any of its affiliates. This is an independent site.