User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had that problem where we camp in several campgrounds. I built little frames and put silicon sheets over the m. They serve the purpose of blocking the heat, and keeping the grease off the compartment I keep it in.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT ROC View Post
    I had that problem where we camp in several campgrounds. I built little frames and put silicon sheets over the m. They serve the purpose of blocking the heat, and keeping the grease off the compartment I keep it in.
    Do you happen to have any pics of your setup and any links to these silicon sheets? I'm looking for heat and splatter shielding for a project I'm working myself.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ptavares View Post
    Do you happen to have any pics of your setup and any links to these silicon sheets? I'm looking for heat and splatter shielding for a project I'm working myself.
    Here is the link to the silicone sheets. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I do not have any pictures of the little frames I made. I will try to get a pic today. All they are is wooded frames that I drape the silicone over. Maybe I'll staple them on today... Link to the finished project https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...iding-tray-Mod
    Last edited by SGT ROC; 10-08-2021 at 07:39 PM.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLandry View Post
    I'm looking at this as it seems perfect for the two of us and an occasional guest. All of the online photos show it with a 1lb propane bottle with regulator attached to it, so it is obvious it needs a regulated gas source. I'm not really disposed to carrying 1lb propane canisters or a 20lb gas bottle to run it and I don't want to be constantly disconnecting/reconnecting one of the 30lb bottles.
    How hard would it be to convert the existing gas connection on the griddle to a QD so that it can plug into the trailer's outside gas QD? I did it with my CampChef stove and a Weber Baby Q, but I havn't seen the gas connection on this one.
    A parts list and source would be great if anyone has it.
    Be careful... make sure the hose is sized to the propane inlet port on the blackstone. I have the 2 burner and bought the hose off of Amazon. There were differences in the connector.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the 17" griddle, and use a Y-adapter on the passenger side tank, and a 12' hose to go from the tank to the griddle. It has the connection to use with the griddle connection for the 1 pound bottles. It also works with our portable smoker. I didn't see much reason for a quick disconnect, and this works great.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT ROC View Post
    Another idea for heat shields is to buy some one piece stainless steel scrapers at the Dollar Tree store, (six required for the 17"). These scrapers are curled on one side leaving a gap that drops over the stove top lip covering up the space under the top and blocks the wind. They also act as a splatter shield, easily removable for cleaning, and store under the top for transport.
    John and Karyn
    Hillsboro, Oregon
    2020 Reflection 150 Series 295RL

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi - We recently bought a 17" Blackstone (Love it). I asked the guy, where I fill our propane tanks. Need one end to fit like a 1 pound bottle and the other end to connect to your 20 or 30 pound tank. The hoses can be pretty pricey, but the guy knew exactly what we needed. You may even be able to get one at Lowe's. Good Luck

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought the necessary 12' hose, with the proper connection from Amazon for less than $20, and the the 3-way splitter was a few bucks at Home Depot. But the hose at Home Depot was over $35. It pays to shop around.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123