User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DISH Satellite Receiver Placement

Picking up our 2021 Reflection 320MKS soon. We have a portable DISH satellite receiver that we need to place somewhere near the main television so that it can be wired into the system. Any one out there who has done this? Where did you put the receiver at?

Thank you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This may not be helpful as it's a guess. I have a Solitude not a Reflection. But what I see in pictures on the GD site shows something very similar to what I have. In the water bay, there are 3 RG6 connectors to the right of the faucet on the Nautilus panel. (see blue tag). In my case, these are marked Satellite Living Room, Satellite Bedroom and Cable. My guess is that this would be the same for the Reflection. Looking at the pictures, I also see that there are cabinets above the Living Room TV. In my case, the left cabinet has the DVD/Stereo. In the area immediately to the right, there is space with power and a Satellite connector. This connects to the Satellite Living Room connector from the water bay. I plug my Pathway X2 into the Satellite Living Room water bay connector and the Wally into the Satellite connector in the cabinet. I ran an HDMI cable to the TV from the Wally in the cabinet through the supplied punchout. The Wally provides power to the Satellite Dish via the COAX. I switch to the correct HDMI input. Good to go. Hope this helps (or at least gives you a hint.)
    Scott and Carol
    2020 Grand Design Solitude 2930RL
    2020 F-450 CC, LB, 4x4, 6.7, B&W Companion 25K

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, I believe you have helped. Now, I'm trying to figure out how to get a satellite signal from my tv and receiver in the living room to the television in the bedroom. Funny, but my last 5th wheel, an Open Range, my satellite signal went to both the living room tv and the bedroom tv without anything special.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Torvald, I was just doing this install on our 2021 337RLS this weekend. TTechnology is correct as the cabinet area left of the radio has access holes for cables and power outlet inside it. Pretty straight forward install. I plan to have a splitter placed in the water Bay Area connecting both living and bedroom. A second Dish receiver will be required for the bedroom. That’s as far as I got looking it over last weekend.

Dutchman2

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dutchman2, Thank you for that info. I'm also exploring a wireless system that hooks into the receiver by the living room television and shoots the signal back to the bedroom television, that way, don't have to purchase a second receiver and do an additional charge by DISH each month it's in use.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wireless is an option I had not looked into. Keep me advised of your research. Curious if you would have to watch the same channel on both tv’s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jim & Patricia
    2021 Reflection 337RLS
    2024 GMC 3500HD CC-SRW-SB Duramax

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have thought about doing this too.

My plan was to use the HDMI output of the receiver, run it through a HDMI (1 in, 2 out splitter) for <$20 on Amazon, put one side into the living area TV, and the other side into a wireless HDMI extender for $130-200 on Amazon. HDMI is easy, because it carries the video and sound signal on the same cable.

If your satellite receiver has a RF remote, it should probably work from the other end of the RV, and some of the wireless HDMI setups have an infrared pass through built in. The only real restriction is that both TVs have to watch the same thing, you could do the same thing for an outdoor TV as well, and keep the one receiver tucked away in the living area out of sight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After way too many hours doing research, this looks like a wireless option for around 200 bucks... J-Tech Digital 1X2 Wireless HDMI Extender 200ft Dual Antenna Supporting Full HD 1080p with HDMI Loop Output Operation Channel Change IR Passthrough [JTECH-WEX200]

DISH satellite receiver above living room television. the JTech transmitter is between the receiver and the living room television, in and out signal by hdmi cable. Meanwhile, the JTech receiver is in the bedroom with a single hdmi cable hooked into that television. JTech also has ir interface, so should be able to change channels from bedroom. Yes, same channel on both televisions...

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvald View Post
    After way too many hours doing research, this looks like a wireless option for around 200 bucks... J-Tech Digital 1X2 Wireless HDMI Extender 200ft Dual Antenna Supporting Full HD 1080p with HDMI Loop Output Operation Channel Change IR Passthrough [JTECH-WEX200]

DISH satellite receiver above living room television. the JTech transmitter is between the receiver and the living room television, in and out signal by hdmi cable. Meanwhile, the JTech receiver is in the bedroom with a single hdmi cable hooked into that television. JTech also has ir interface, so should be able to change channels from bedroom. Yes, same channel on both televisions...
    Torvald,
    I activated the Dish today and asked what it would cost to add an additional receiver per month to the contract. You will need to buy another receiver (@$100), but to add it to the original activated account is just an additional $5 per month. I am going this way. It looks to simplify the install and I can do different channels in each area.

Dutchman2

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchman2 View Post
    Torvald,
    I activated the Dish today and asked what it would cost to add an additional receiver per month to the contract. You will need to buy another receiver (@$100), but to add it to the original activated account is just an additional $5 per month. I am going this way. It looks to simplify the install and I can do different channels in each area.

Dutchman2
    I'm very interested in how this works for you. Perhaps your connections to your RV is different than ours. On ours, the satellite dish cable has only one designated input in the outside command center. It is labeled "SAT/Living Room". The other connections are marked "Cable/Cable" and "AUX/Bedroom". What this indicates to me is that you would have to connect your satellite cable to the "Cable/Cable" in order to get the signal sent to both of your receivers and into both televisions. As there are splitters involved in the "Cable/Cable" connection, I have read in this forum that some folks had problems with bad signal degradation, some to the point that it would not work. Some ran a new non-splitted and dedicated line from the command center to the bedroom, but then I wonder how they split the line to go to both receivers and televisions. Let me know how it goes!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast