User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone reinforced their kitchen island?

Ours seems flimsy. When a labrador dog bumps into it, it moves a bit. I was thinking of shoring it up with L brackets inside the cabinet.
    Anyone done this before?

We do not have a dishwasher, fwiw.
    2021 310GK-R - MorRyde suspension and pin box. Sumo Springs. Solar, 7k axles.
    2019 Lance 1062 Truck Camper, 2 slides.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel, 10 speed auto, 3.55 diff-48 gallon fuel capacity
    2000 F350 XLT HD SRW 2WD 7.3L diesel, 6-speed manual trans, 3.73 diff - Firestone Airbags-Bilstein Shocks. 82 gallon fuel capacity

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportsdad60 View Post
    Ours seems flimsy. When a labrador dog bumps into it, it moves a bit. I was thinking of shoring it up with L brackets inside the cabinet.
    Anyone done this before?

We do not have a dishwasher, fwiw.
    There are some people on the forum that have had the kitchen island collapse while travelling in the 310GK models. @SecondChance Rob has either had it happen and fixed it or has just fixed it. I am sure he will chime in on this as well but short answer is yes some have done this.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There have been a couple of good discussions of this elsewhere... use Google Search and with several specific terms and you'll likely find something. The issues boil down to the fact that the weight of the island is borne (on either end, anyway) by "toe nailed" screws into the edge end of plywood - not a very strong setup. Several folks have documented removing the interior cabinet floor and adding reinforcement. Our island is very solid, but I'm considering doing something preventive myself.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    There are some people on the forum that have had the kitchen island collapse while travelling in the 310GK models. @SecondChance Rob has either had it happen and fixed it or has just fixed it. I am sure he will chime in on this as well but short answer is yes some have done this.

Rob
    You're probably thinking of the question I asked "elsewhere." We haven't had problems, yet...

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    You're probably thinking of the question I asked "elsewhere." We haven't had problems, yet...

Rob
    Yes that was what I was thinking. Thanks for clarifying I couldn't recall if you had the issue or we just asking about it.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So far - so good with ours.

oops.... now I've probably jinxed myself.... if something happens I'm going to blame Sportsdad60...
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Received this today from GD on my inquiry about our 2021 310GK. I called because of a facebook post I saw about this issue. If your 310 was manufactured prior to fall 2020 (I would say October based on facebook post) it might be worth a call to GD to see what they are doing to fix this issue. When a manufacture changes their production process they know they have an issue. See response below I just received.

I have verified with our production coordinator that there has been some adjustments as to how the island is attached in your 2021 Solitude 310GK-R.
    They told me that they have increased the securing method of holding the island to the floor, securing it with additional screws around the island and not just on either side.
    This additional structural securing was done some time mid to late last fall (un known specific date).
    Your unit definitely falls after that build date and according to our production coordinator we have not had any issues with he island since this change was made.
    Thanks again and happy camping.