Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Low Water Pressure in SHower

I need some help please. On my new 311BHS I have great water pressure throughout my RV but not in my shower. I've narrowed it down to an issue with the shower faucet Diverter and hose connection. If I detach the shower head hose, I have good pressure but if I put the hose on, the pressure decreases to only allowing a trickle out. I checked the diverter valve by pulling out the diverter cap and rubber flapper to make sure it was installed correctly and both the cap and rubber flapper looked fine. When I put it back together, I get the same problem. I tried a different hose and there was no difference. Do I just have a bad faucet or is something else going on? Thanks!

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Havent been able to run the water in our 311 yet, but in our 399, there was an orifice plate in the shower head and where the hose hooked up. When I removed them, the water pressure was good. Not sure I'll have an issue in the 311, the shower head looks like an Oxygenics type shower head, so hopefully it performs the same.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got it figured out. The washers in the supply hose to the head aren't the same. One side is thicker (about 1/8") than the other. The thin washer (about 1/16") has to go on the diverter. The thicker one goes on to where the shower head screws on. Something to keep in mind in case a replacement washer is needed in the future.