User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreenblade View Post
    So you guys let your pit bulls out with no leash? What is up with all these rule breakers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No I don't. We don't own any pitbulls and we usually leave our dogs at home.
    I was trying to be funny with this post. I don't turn up the tunes either.
    I put my hands over my ears when she yells.
    People keep telling me to follow my dreams...so I went back to bed

2019 303rls
    2017 GMC 2500hd ccsb 2wd 6.0 gas
    Andersen ultimate rail mount hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, those weren’t your dogs running through my campsite chasing squirrels?
    Mike & Linda
    303RLS
    2013 F250 Turbo Diesel Crew Cab

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by avf100 View Post
    No I don't. We don't own any pitbulls and we usually leave our dogs at home.
    I was trying to be funny with this post. I don't turn up the tunes either.
    I put my hands over my ears when she yells.
    Geez I need quit believing everything.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When we camped with a large group, we used to have one night where we made "hobo stew". Each person brought one serving of a protein, a veggie, and a sauce/soup/gravy. We would mix up everything from everyone and create this large stew. I always had a few spare items in case it needed something that wasn't provided. I have a large stew pot, and we would make gallons and gallons of stew. Always great, never the same twice. Everyone loved it and ate on it for a couple of days. But, as we got older, several of us had dietary restrictions, so it was really difficult to accommodate meatless, gluten free, fat free, low-salt, mild spice, keto, etc. So, the tradition died out.

As for clean up of the campsite, we always leave the area cleaner than we found it. Always.
    D & D
    Currently in a diesel pusher,
    but we are going to retire into a
    Momentum 397th in a couple of years.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johndeerefarmer View Post
    Do you have anything you do while camping- some special tradition, routine, etc.

For me,

I always take extra firewood and kindling and when I leave I leave a pile for the next camper. I hope that they carry it forward sometime.

My GF picks up every little piece of trash around the campsite and makes the place look great for the next campers. Not sure if the camp host or park workers are supposed to clean up between campers but for the most part we find the campsites have trash everywhere

What do you do?
    We do the same. I leave the firewood, when we bring any, because I don't want to take it home AND it helps the next guy. My brother in law runs a large sawmill, so the cut offs are free, and kiln dried.
    So you guys are allowed to bring your own firewood?

Normally - not always - kiln dried wood is acceptable anywhere. Some places require it be stamped as such. I get it for free either from my brother in law, or the local mill down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by avf100 View Post
    I let my 3 pitbulls out to explore the campground, then turn up the tunes, so I can't here my wife yelling at me.

Now that is just plain funny - although there are times when we get the stray dog wandering through with it's stray human trying to re-connect with it.

Quote Originally Posted by AustexGP View Post
    We set up and then spot check our campsite to pick up and left over trash or remove any trash in the fire pit. Then we walk around a get a view of the trailers. Any Grand Design's we'll generally stop and say hello. Then if there is a jumping pad or swimming pool is off to one or both of those with the grand girls.
    Yep, we walk around after setting up and count the Number of grand designs. Lots more every year...

Geez I need quit believing everything.
    Wait, you mean everything you read on the internet isn't true? Say it isn't so!!!
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure we have any "traditions" but habits definately. When camping (not to be confused with RVing) once we're set up I go for my ritual kindling hike in wood surrounding our site. There are times I collect enough to have a nice roaring morning fire to enjoy with coffee. I really miss that when we're RVing in paved private parks. Of the 2 I'd rather be camping and when we road trip we seek out state/ national parks or forests . Being in no hurry once we park we're there for at least a week and explore the area.

We do the usual walk around the park with the dogs and end up in conversation most of the time. Also leave no trace where ever we camp is a high priority.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you guys are allowed to bring your own firewood?

We live in Texas and camp in OK state parks and always take firewood from the farm........ We have a place in CO but don't take firewood there

If you look on the hwy from OK to Texas you will see lots of OK wood heading to the Dallas area where it's worth a lot more money than in OK
    Donald AKA johndeerefarmer
    2020 Ford F350 Powerstroke diesel
    2017 F150 ecoboost max tow
    2016 Reflection 29RS VIN# 573FR322XG3305717

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT ROC View Post
    We do the same. I leave the firewood, when we bring any, because I don't want to take it home AND it helps the next guy. My brother in law runs a large sawmill, so the cut offs are free, and kiln dried.

Normally - not always - kiln dried wood is acceptable anywhere. Some places require it be stamped as such. I get it for free either from my brother in law, or the local mill down the road.

Now that is just plain funny - although there are times when we get the stray dog wandering through with it's stray human trying to re-connect with it.

Yep, we walk around after setting up and count the Number of grand designs. Lots more every year...

Wait, you mean everything you read on the internet isn't true? Say it isn't so!!!
    I really do have a bad problem believing the internet. I was hooked on tictok for a while, till my wife asked me where I get my information from. It’s all lies!!!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regarding firewood, I build furniture so I normally have off cuts. I fill a couple of tubs so we have wood for a few days.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really do have a bad problem believing the internet. I was hooked on tictok for a while, till my wife asked me where I get my information from. It’s all lies!!!

The only social media I am on is this forum and the "Other" Grand design forum. Heck, an old army buddy of mine and I just got cell phones a couple of years ago, and they are Trac Phones!
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast