User Tag List

Thread: Auto leveling

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Auto leveling

Getting ready for a trip to the state fair. I went to our reflection and was going to take off wheels to check bearings. Went to the auto level control to raise the 5th wheel. There was no power. I am guessing that the battery is going bad because 5w is a 2018. I leave it plugged into shore power all the time. I kept getting a code saying the rr leg was bad. then left front. So I youtubed it. Was some help but I could not get the sequencing right for all 6 legs. My problem was i was never lowering the center 2 legs the 6 inches needed to reset the system. finally got a new battery and it seems fine now.
    My concern is that the converter might be bad. any suggestions

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My first step would be to check the input to the battery to make sure it's being charged by the converter, but not overcharged, since you keep it plugged in. I would imagine you have a WFCO unit
    and, IMO, those are not the best available. If that shows the converter is working as it should, then I would have the battery load tested.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael C. View Post
    Getting ready for a trip to the state fair. I went to our reflection and was going to take off wheels to check bearings. Went to the auto level control to raise the 5th wheel. There was no power. I am guessing that the battery is going bad because 5w is a 2018. I leave it plugged into shore power all the time. I kept getting a code saying the rr leg was bad. then left front. So I youtubed it. Was some help but I could not get the sequencing right for all 6 legs. My problem was i was never lowering the center 2 legs the 6 inches needed to reset the system. finally got a new battery and it seems fine now.
    My concern is that the converter might be bad. any suggestions
    It is very easy to check whether the converter is supplying the output voltage needed. When you are plugged into shore power and the converter is operating, you will get a reading of about 13.2 up to about 13.5 volts at the battery terminals. When the shore power is off or disconnected, a fully charged battery will read in the neighborhood of around 12.8 volts. So, take a reading at the battery terminals without shore power on, then turn the shore power on and take another.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dont forget lead acid batteries are not maintenance free, you need to periodically check the water level and refill with distilled water to keep the cells covered.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Dont forget lead acid batteries are not maintenance free, you need to periodically check the water level and refill with distilled water to keep the cells covered.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Thanks for your input

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And the older a lead acid battery gets, the faster it "burns" off electrolyte during charge cycles.