User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Queen to King upgrade in a used 310GK?

Found a lightly used 2019 310GK with most of the options I was looking for. It has a queen bed and I'm wondering if that can be upgraded to a king without tearing everything apart? Looks like the factory mattress anyway.
    Thanks,
    John
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We purchased with the king already "installed", so we looked at several with both.
    The only difference I can tell is the plywood base is simply larger to accommodate the king. You'd simply need to remove the plywood base and cut new pieces to the king dimension. At least in the '21 model, the little side shelves stay put and the mattress slides just under them.
    I'd recommend adding stronger lifts to get under the bed since anything aftermarket you add is going to be heavier than the stock wanna' be mattresses.
    Colin & Tracy
    '21 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ/Z71/SRW, Long bed, Anderson UH
    '21 Solitude 310 GK-R

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You would have to remove the built-in "night stands" and replace the plywood bed platform (and add a ventilation substrate if you're going to use a foam mattress). Be aware that a king significantly reduces the walk-around space on both sides of the bed.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    Found a lightly used 2019 310GK with most of the options I was looking for. It has a queen bed and I'm wondering if that can be upgraded to a king without tearing everything apart? Looks like the factory mattress anyway.
    Thanks,
    John
    We did the opposite. When we bought our Solitude 345GK I removed the king mattress from it & put it in my trade in & put my Sealy Cocoon mattress into the Solitude along with the queen size plywood from my trade in. Whoever bought my trade in got a brand new Solitude king mattress. As Bob said the king size mattress really cuts down on space around the bed & makes it a lot harder to make the bed or change linen.
    Ray & Flo
    2021 Silverado 3500HD DRW
    2021 Solitude GK345-R
    Morryde IS & Disc Brakes
    Solar System. 8 100 AH Lithium batteries, 12 200 watt panels, Victron 3000 watt inverter, Smart Shunt, Cerbo, & 2 MPPT Charger/Controllers
    Travel 6 months each year

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all. I imagine the loss of space is pretty much true for the shorter Solitudes. This one is half hour drive from home so I thought it might be worth a look. Further digging and they have installed a compost commode which I don't want and might require some under belly re-work after reading a few posts here. It also doesn't have the residential refrig. After talking to a few dealers, all is not well in the RV industry for new orders.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    Thanks,
    John
    We're doing just the opposite. The king bed that is in our 310GK leaves only 8" of floor space on the bathroom side and 15" on the closet side to walk. The king mattress fits so tightly within the walls of the slide, that it makes it an absolute pain to make. I can't wait to get that monstrosity out of there. If you want to drive to Illinois, I'll trade you the king mattress and the plywood for the bedside shelves.
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2017 Ford F-350 Lariat SRW CC Short Bed, Power Stroke 6.7L
    Pullrite Superglide 16k