User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Refrigerator will not switch to propane

My 2020 29rsts will not switch over to propane when ac power goes out. You need to try 2-3 times before it lighs. I always light all the burners on the stove first to make sure the air is out of the line. When we 1st got it 3 yrs ago it would light on 1st try before it would start beeping. Now it takes several tries. what should I be looking for problem wise?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine always takes a few tries at the beginning of the season, or after long periods of no use, even when I get the burners to light. After it's been in use we don't typically have issues afterward on subsequent trips.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemijoe View Post
    My 2020 29rsts will not switch over to propane when ac power goes out. You need to try 2-3 times before it lighs. I always light all the burners on the stove first to make sure the air is out of the line. When we 1st got it 3 yrs ago it would light on 1st try before it would start beeping. Now it takes several tries. what should I be looking for problem wise?
    Even when it does finally light, when you switch back to electric then try a couple days later it still take several cycles for it to light.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have someone try it while you watch and listen outside. Make sure the igniter is igniting and you should hear gas flow when the valve opens (maybe even smell it if the valve opens and gas flows but doesn't ignite).

Also maybe clean the igniter.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods