User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1
    Fireside Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    46
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    AC Ducts blocked??

    First time out with our 2250RK. We are in Yuma, 97 degrees. Hooked up and turned on AC. Cool air out of the AC and the kitchen vent, but no air going forward to the bath and bedroom. I'm assuming some sort of blockage to ducts going forward but did not want to begin taking off shroud before getting some insights.

    Have any of you experienced this on 2250RK?

  2. #2
    Rolling Along
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    585
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your ducts are probably not properly taped to the registers and you are blowing cold air into the roof. You could also be leaking supply air into the return air chamber in the unit.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

  3. #3
    Seasoned Camper
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Star, ID
    Posts
    290
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pull the cover and take a look....it should be pretty obvious what the issue is...
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    2015 Ram2500 Laramie CC 6.7 Cummins Diesel w/air-ride auto leveling
    USMC Veteran

  4. #4
    Seasoned Camper J Maguire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    266
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by budbon View Post
    First time out with our 2250RK. We are in Yuma, 97 degrees. Hooked up and turned on AC. Cool air out of the AC and the kitchen vent, but no air going forward to the bath and bedroom. I'm assuming some sort of blockage to ducts going forward but did not want to begin taking off shroud before getting some insights.

    Have any of you experienced this on 2250RK?
    Don't know how much time you spend in the desert; we spend a lot of time camping in the Phoenix area. You would be most likely preducted and prewired for a 2nd AC unit in the bedroom, might look into that as you trouble shoot things. We were camping this weekend and really enjoyed two full sized 15k AC units.
    2021 GD Reflection (150) 5th Wheel 268BH
    2019 F250 Gas 6.2L V8 FX4 Crew Cab
    PullRite 2100 20K Hitch w/ LOCKED OUT Turning Point
    2x Honda EU2200i Generators & 1UP Bike Rack & Roll-N-Lock Bed Cover
    Previous Setup:
    2017 Outdoors RV 23BHS
    2017 F150 Sport 3.5L V6 EcoBoost

  5. #5
    Fireside Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    46
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did some more research on Youtube. Discovered the baffle between the intake and exhaust was loose allowing most of the air to recycle without getting to all of the ducts. It seems that is a common problem. Doesn't speak very high of Grand Design quality control.
    I understand they have installed a different baffle system since 2020.

  6. #6
    Seasoned Camper
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Star, ID
    Posts
    290
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J Maguire View Post
    Don't know how much time you spend in the desert; we spend a lot of time camping in the Phoenix area. You would be most likely preducted and prewired for a 2nd AC unit in the bedroom, might look into that as you trouble shoot things. We were camping this weekend and really enjoyed two full sized 15k AC units.
    I think he is stating he has a 2250RK. If so, it is not prepped for a second AC due to the small overall length of the unit. It isn't even wired for a fan....ask me how I know
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    2015 Ram2500 Laramie CC 6.7 Cummins Diesel w/air-ride auto leveling
    USMC Veteran

  7. #7
    Seasoned Camper
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Star, ID
    Posts
    290
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by budbon View Post
    Did some more research on Youtube. Discovered the baffle between the intake and exhaust was loose allowing most of the air to recycle without getting to all of the ducts. It seems that is a common problem. Doesn't speak very high of Grand Design quality control.
    I understand they have installed a different baffle system since 2020.
    What year is your 2250RK? They did start putting the air flow baffle mod in on newer units starting late last year.....if you have a 2021, you could call GD customer support and see if they will send you one....(assuming you have the Coleman Mach AC and not the Furrion).
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    2015 Ram2500 Laramie CC 6.7 Cummins Diesel w/air-ride auto leveling
    USMC Veteran

  8. #8
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iím having the same problem with my 2021 2250RK. Can you elaborate on what you did to fix it? Iím handy but have no clue about air conditioning stuff. Thanks!

  9. #9
    Rolling Along
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    585
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got a 15K unit sitting on my patio waiting to go in my 268BH. That will be 30K BTU of cooling in a fairly small 5th wheel. My condo doesn't have that much air conditioning. It only has 2 tons.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

  10. #10
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you tell me how you fixed your air problem?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

DISCLAIMER:This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Grand Design RV, LLC or any of its affiliates. This is an independent site.