User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLandry View Post
    I've got a 15K unit sitting on my patio waiting to go in my 268BH. That will be 30K BTU of cooling in a fairly small 5th wheel. My condo doesn't have that much air conditioning. It only has 2 tons.

Yes but your condo is much better insulated.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did a YouTube search for "RV AC mods." I bought some rigid foam at the big box store and did my version of the modification. Not quite as neat of a job, but every bit as functional. Now everything is working great. That is everything AC is working. You can buy a baffle upgrade for $180, or for $15.00 and a little time, do it yourself.
    This is a great forum. The folks here are very helpful and responsive. We bought our 2250 RK from a private party this winter. Last week (April 1st.) We came to Arizona for business, and used the trip as a shakedown. I have used this forum to get up to speed on a number of issues with our trailer. With this forum, you have a group of wise, experienced friends in the wings ready to help.
    THANKS, ALL OF YOU!

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post

Yes but your condo is much better insulated.
    No argument there.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand Solitudes now come with this installed in one (not both) AC unit. They claim 40% better airflow... I bought a couple from them and when procrastination subsides I plan on installing them.

https://rvairflow.com/

https://youtu.be/V9rEQb05Qv4

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a ‘21 2250RK. Just turned on the AC last week. I am concerned why the bedroom stays so warm. I see there is only one vent and it is close to the thermostat in the bedroom. I checked the temps and living room was showing 81 (stand alone thermostat) but the RV thermostat in the bedroom was showing 73. It didn’t feel 73. The air keeps shutting off before the kitchen/living room is cooled off.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your cold supply air is being drawn into the return air chamber causing oit to short cycle.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do I fix this? I am staying in my 2250 Monday - Friday due to a work relocation. Decided to camp rather than pay rent somewhere. Traded my Jayco for my Grand Design. Good trade, but learning all over. This has been the only issue so far. Very happy with this RV. Thanks for the help.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's tough to explain if you aren't familiar with A/Cs. You have to tape up the A/C plenums so they are separated. You could also have ducts that are not taped to the ceiling grills pumping cold air into the ceiling. You would have to pull the supply grills and inspect them and tape where needed. I don't knowhow to explain it to you in detail.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched a YouTube video of a guy doing a modification on his AC. I bought some rigid foam and did the same. Worked great. Spent about $15.00. Bought the foam at Home Depot. Got much more than needed. Check out Hobby Lobby.
    Type "Grand Design AC Mod" into YouTube.
    Good luck.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Search on my user name for recent threads. There is another one where I linked YouTube videos for Colman and Dometic. And then I reported in about just having done it to my Dometic.

The unit isn't directly Grand Designs fault - they buy what they can get, and what they can buy isn't all that good. Hence why they have started to include the RV Airflow solution in some models lately.
    In any event, it's an easy mod for $20.....
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast