User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rv lock installed

Over the past weekend we installed RV locks to the main door, slam doors and the RV key latch in the front storage. The install was easy and the programming of the main door was not very difficult. The only thing that we found was the RV key latch was to short to work with the outdoor kitchen. We ended up with only 2 keys instead of 4, plus the grand girls (age 10) can now get into the 5th wheel using the combination or the key fob.

To me this is a very worthy investment.
    Les and Sharon Bevil
    Austin, Tx

Reflection 311BHS purchased March 2017
    Jayco 32BHDS sold March 2017
    2012 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.6 Diesel (until May 2018)
    2015 Chevrolet 3500HD 6.6 Diesel

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not to be a downer by any means Les, but I genuinely hope yours holds up better than ours.

I installed the RV lock last June and the keypad has completely crumbled and peeled off 3 of the numbers. It’s a cheap brittle plastic cover. Prior to cracking you could see the imprint on the digits being used. Horrible for security.

What angers me was the cost for the poor quality. I bought a Schlage Encode keyless lock for our home for the same price, and the quality difference is astounding. I wish Schlage made and RV lock

Safe Travels
    Bob

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bob,

I certainly hope that they have improved them since June. That's a bunch of money for something that might not last. At least I kept our old locks so we can switch back to the original if they crap out.

Thanks for the information. We'll keep a close watch on how they handle the usage.
    Les and Sharon Bevil
    Austin, Tx

Reflection 311BHS purchased March 2017
    Jayco 32BHDS sold March 2017
    2012 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.6 Diesel (until May 2018)
    2015 Chevrolet 3500HD 6.6 Diesel

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our conversation inspired me to call RVLOCKS regarding my situation. I wanted to say that their Customer Service is fantastic!

The rep pulled up my order, asked me to text a photo of the keypad, and in less than 5 min I revived an email confirming a new keypad has been shipped.

So that leaves me feeling a lot better. Overall, a good morning

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertS377 View Post
    Not to be a downer by any means Les, but I genuinely hope yours holds up better than ours.

I installed the RV lock last June and the keypad has completely crumbled and peeled off 3 of the numbers. It’s a cheap brittle plastic cover. Prior to cracking you could see the imprint on the digits being used. Horrible for security.

What angers me was the cost for the poor quality. I bought a Schlage Encode keyless lock for our home for the same price, and the quality difference is astounding. I wish Schlage made and RV lock

Safe Travels
    Bob

Agreed. I like the lock, but the numbers cracked pretty quick. I got them to send me a replacement and they said not to use your finger nail to press but use the pad of your finger. LOL, ok. I will be replacing the pad and then we will use the remote.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your timing is uncanny. I received the replacement keypad in the mail today. Its just a cheap plastic peal and stick label. They told me the same thing about having clean hands, and not using fingernails. I said clean hands? I'm setting up at a campground...I'm going to have dirty hands. Again, i wouldn't care if the price was far less. In my opinion its not worth more than $50-60, and def not $200
    Bob & Donna - Maryland
    2017 303 RLS
    2023 Ford F350 CCLB 6.7 Diesel w/B & W Companion 3300 hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had this issue as well. Now we use the remote 99% of the time instead of the keypad. So far so good. No imprints on the numbers or cracking of the keypad so far.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobWNY View Post
    I had this issue as well. Now we use the remote 99% of the time instead of the keypad. So far so good. No imprints on the numbers or cracking of the keypad so far.
    Hmmmm... I just installed ours this past week and was not planning on using the remote. I might just have to rethink that. Thanks. Frank.
    Frank & Jolynn Martin
    Litchfield, MN
    Mabel & Bailey, Golden Retriever Fur Kids
    2019 RAM 3500 CTD, CC, LB, B&W Turnover Ball, AirLift 5000 Bags
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 4440# CCC, Reese 20K GooseBox, 8K EOH Disc brakes, RV Airflow, SoftStartRV, 2-206AH SOK batteries, Victron Multiplus II, Victron 30A DC2DC,790W of Solar, Flex Armor Roof, Blu Tech Water Filtration, BlazeCut Fire Suppression

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't there a scene from Tommy Boy about warranties?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We love ours even if we have to replace the membrane every few years - it sill works with a cracked membrane.

To us, using the remote isn't any different than the original lock - we would still have to carry a "key" of some kind.
    John & Cheryl
    Sold: 2017 Tiffin Allegro 31SA Motorhome
    Sold: 2017 Reflection 337RLS, dual pane windows, 2nd A/C, Go Power! Solar Elite w/2000 watt inverter, Titan electric/hydraulic brakes, Goodyear Endurance ST235/85 R16 tires
    Sold: 2015 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, SRW, Duramax/Allison, 50 gallon Transfer Flow auxiliary tank
    States we have camped in with an RV:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast